00; when realisation slaps you in the face

Start from the beginning

Mia smiled at me and went out of the kitchen but came back shortly after and handing me two pills of Fluoxetine from my bedroom. I mumbled a thanks and swallowed it down with some of the milk from my cereal.

Mia had always been there to take care of me, even though I didn't want her to. That bitch.

"Hey, I knew you're cursing at one of us in your head." Mia mused and cocked a brow, I just snarled and put what was left of my cereal in the bin and gave it a quick rinse in the sink.

"I'm going to go lie in my bed again." I told the two, and left the kitchen in silence. Walking back over to my room, I kicked all the junk that was on the floor to the other side and clambered in my bed again.

I really didn't want to go to my seminar. I had permission to take a break with my condition, and I could always just leave half way through and never come back, but then I'd miss out on a bunch of work.

Business was a field of study I've always enjoyed and this university I'm in is known to be phenomenal for this sector.

I was so excited to finally be in university as well, I was finally able to get away from my new step mum who honestly wears more makeup than she should (it looks like she just dipped her face in a bucket of foundation) and I could finally have a fresh start. Fresh starts are good, or at least I thought so. I miss my buddies, I miss the stupid water fights we would have in the the most craziest weather just for the shits and giggles and I miss my bratty little sister. Sure, I thought I wouldn't miss her but to be honest, I'd kill for her to just be here with me only to watch some kiddie show like Peppa Pig together. That's why thirteen year olds watch nowadays, right?

I hated myself so much right now. I hated myself because I was being a drag and a loser and wasting space in university. My degree in particular only accepted a mere eighty candidates out of one thousand five hundred applicants. I was one of those people who gave a killer personal statement and won over the tutors.

Now, well, I was just a waste of a chance. Somebody else who applied could've taken my place. Somebody who would've taken this more seriously.

A tear slipped from my eyes and I buried my face in my blanket. "Fucking hell." I murmured into the blanket, "I'm not cut out for university."

My door creaked open, but I didn't bother looking to see who it was. I felt somebody's hand soothingly rubbing up and down my back, as if it would help me feel better.

"Flynn, it's okay." Wyatt assured, even though he didn't know the reasoning behind my dropped mood.

"No it's not! I hate it here."

He sighed, "you're especially talented Flynn, you're great at your course. Your lecturer loves you."

"Yeah..." I muttered, she really did see great potential in me. At first I thought she kind of fancied me because she was being super weird around me and not everyone else.

There was a few moments of silence between us. He soothingly rubbed my back while I thought about leaving my course. What's the use anyway?

"I want to go home."

"Flynn..." Wyatt drawled out. "You do realise if you leave, you just lose everything you've been doing for three months."

"I know." I shrugged. "Help me drop out, please?" I forced a smile and gleamed up at him hopefully. The short tufts of his black hair bounced as he gave a reluctant nod.