Balance Uneven

Scott swore loudly as he dived out of the way of a bloody beak, the Owl's eyes focused on him with killing intent

"Scott!" Stiles shouted.

With a snarl Stiles had forgotten he was capable of, he through himself at the Owl, digging his fingers through the feathers, gripping flesh, digging his fingers in.

The Owl screeched in pain and started to fly into the air again, trying to get Stiles off. Its attention away from Scott.

Kyle watched from the ground scrambling upwards after it had knocked him down to the ground. He took note at how small they all were and felt, compared to this bird of prey.

They couldn't do it! 

The Owl was to huge, to strong. Really the fury of the spirit world. What did they expect?! But he had too. His family, his friend, Stiles pack depended on it! Then it came to him, how it could be finally defeated!

"Hey, Stiles climb up to its head! Scott, Malia, you and you grab on to each wing and hold it down, drag it down, use all your strength!"

"What?!" Scott shouted.

"Trust him" Stiles snapped, clinging onto the Kikayaon for dear life, it was moving to much for him to move. He knew what Kyle was thinking but his pack had to trust him first.

Scott looked at Stiles for a split second, hesitating. He didn't trust Kyle but...he should trust Stiles and he would and he did.  He had been stupid not too.

"Kira, with me!" He told her, they both ran at the Owl with no hesitation, jumping and avoiding its sharp beak.

"Liam, Malia go for its other wing and drag it down!" He ordered them.

They nodded eagerly.

They both took off. Malia got to her wing faster and grabbed hold just as the Owl started to fly forward, trying to get rid of Stiles.

But it fell forward, face hitting the ground as the pack grabbed on to its two wings and using their super strength to drag it back down to earth.

Lydia watched from the back, eyes wide. She didn't have super strength so all she could do was watch but her throat itched and she hoped that it was good news. Her stomach twisting painfully.

Stiles clambered on top of the fallen Owl. He climbed up to its head, before it could try and get up Stiles preyed to the spirits to forgive him and his pack then he called upon his super strength. The wolf and fox overwhelmed him as his eyes glowed silver with hints of blue. His aura became visible around him and then he slammed his hand, curled into the fist, through the feathers, through the flesh and through the skull.

It was brutal but it was the only way to win.

It was Kyle's challenge, it had been his plan, his idea. It felt odd for Stiles to finally be carrying out someone else's plan and being the brute force behind it, rather than just the mind who had come up with it.

He found he rather liked it.

Lydia couldn't hold it back anymore, she screamed as Stiles fist went through.

The Kikayaon slumped.

Her scream echoed through the forest. Through the spirit realm. All the spirits heard the wail of the banshee.

Stiles through himself of it and landed gracefully next to Liam and Malia. Still surprised at how graceful he could be with these abilities.

"Um Stiles?" Liam said awkwardly.

"Oh, ha, sorry" Stiles said, realising his aura was still visible to them and himself in the spirit world. It surrounded him like armour and had not disappeared or gotten smaller.

He tried to concentrate and focus but... it didn't go away?

Before he could try more they all stiffened as the Kikayaon moved.

It lifted its head, it's wound vanishing. It's eyes focused on Kyle.

Spirits from the spirit realm do not die, for they are already dead.

"You don't know what you've done. You should not have come here"

It looked at Stiles next but then back to Kyle, speaking to both of them.

"I can sense both of you. What you really are. Your spirits are not balanced. You both will lose this fight eventually, some quicker than others. Like your mother"

Kyle snarled angrily. Stiles stopped him from trying to attack but felt tense himself.

It flapped its wings and flew up into the sky, disappearing from sight.

"What's it talking about? We won the fight" Liam grumbled.

"It wasn't talking about this fight" Stiles muttered. Kyle and Stiles glanced worriedly at each other.

But before they could really think about the Owl's parting haunting words, Stiles cried out it pain.

Everything burned!

He fell to the ground gasping in agony.

What was happening?!