The Dead Should Stay Dead

Kyle looked at them, eyes flicking to Stiles and Malia's expression before he seemed to get smaller under their scrutiny

His voice was almost a whisper, that if they hadn't got supernatural hearing they would not have heard.

"We didn't mean to..."

"We?" Stiles snapped.

Kyle flinched at the harshness to his voice.

Stiles honestly couldn't believe this was the guy he'd used to fear and he'd been wary off. Kyle seemed to sink into himself at their glares.

"My dad and me. We-we had no choice"

"No-" Malia repeated. 

"She was dead!" He suddenly cried, before they could react he continued, his eyes were teary as he looked at Stiles dead in the eyes "Wouldn't you? If you had a chance to bring her back? Wouldn't you do it? Dam the consequences?"

Stiles stiffened, eyes widening, freezing up.

"What's-" Malia started to say but she was interrupted.

"We found out we could bring her back. And we did for a little while. I-I got to say goodbye" Kyle choked out.

Stiles cold glare had softened and he looked at the dark fox with sympathy.

"Your mother" He said.

Her eyes widened, looking at Kyle with different eyes.

Kyle crumbled before them, kneeling.

"The spirit world took her back soon enough. We fought, though we couldn't keep her but you'd think we learned our lesson right? Ha, turns out you don't just take peoples spirits from that world without punishment. Its a offence you could say" He said, his voice trembling.

"The dead should stay dead. Its not right, even in the supernatural world" Stiles said gently.

"What about Peter?" Malia asked shakily, not being able to deal with the sorrow and guilt coming from the dark fox.

"I head about what happened to Peter Hale. His spirit probably hadn't left his body. If he hadn't been dead long before he started to reserect himself, it takes time but...but she had been gone for a while. My-my dad became obsessed with getting her back. We found a ritual. We didn't know what we were getting into but-"

Kyle cut himself off, shuddering, looking down though he started again, voice more shaky "But we got her back. It was...amazing. She was there, in front of us. Though she was also angry. We-we didn't know why, she said we'd sighed our death sentences by bringing her back"

"It took her back and you realised..." Stiles said, his voice sounding horrified.

"We realised for bringing her back the spirit world punished us. By sending the Kikayaon after us. Its shadow would follow us, haunt us until we gave ourselves up to it. And if we ran or didn't-"

"It would start killing other Kitsune's" Stiles finished, his tone harder.

Kyle nodded as he said shakily "We ran. We found the more we were around certain strong currents it could hide our scent from it"

"So you moved to Beacon Hills" Malia said, finally catching up.

He nodded, hanging his head "And now its started to haunt us again, waiting, watching and its just started to attack other Kitsune's"

"Kira is in danger because of you. Stiles is in danger because of you. This is your family's fault! Why should we even help you!?" Malia snarled, stepping menacingly forward.

Stiles put his hand out, stopping Malia. He didn't look angry but pitying and sympathetic, he told her "We can't just leave him to deal with this himself"

"Kyle-" Stiles said slowly.

Kyle shook his head, standing up, his eyes still watering but his tone suddenly determined "I'm not going in there to die. I'm going in there to win"

He looked them both in the eyes as he said, trying to be strong, his voice a little wobbly "I'm sorry, I put your lives in danger and I plan to make up for it but can you blame me?"

He was looking at Stiles.

He knew Stiles would understand.

"Did you say all you wanted to say to her?" Stiles asked softly.

"I think I did"

"Then I don't blame you" 

Malia knew what Stiles said was the truth however, she did detect a small amount of jealousy from him. But she didn't blame him.

She didn't blame them.

I won't be able to update for this week after I published this. I really enjoyed writing this chapter especially as I really looked forward to exploring his friendship with Stiles and Malia, especially revealing this information about his back story with the Kikayaon and his mother, which I had known ever since I started writing this story, so I was really exited to finally write it up and publish it x 

Have a good week xx