Always Together

Lydia watched Stiles slam the door behind them then spins around, turning on Scott

Lydia watched Stiles slam the door behind them then spins around, turning on Scott. Eyes narrowing on him and his guilty expression but he did looked a little defensive.

"What happened?" Lydia demanded.

"He almost punched me!" Scott said quickly.

"I know that! Why?" She demanded.

Scott sighed, rubbing his hands over his face as he said in frustration "This is all messed up!"

"And who's fault is that Scott?!" She snapped.

Before he could reply Lydia got right up into his face and said firmly "I do think Stiles should have told you but honestly you're his best friend. Do you really believe that his at fault for being angry with you?"

She added, looking more grim as she said "I've made some mistakes with him and I plan to make up for them. I will make up for them. Will you?!"

Then she turned and left Scott standing there, thinking over Lydia's words, a tight feeling in his gut. How could he make this up with Stiles?

"Where is he? I looked everywhere!" Scott cried to his pack. Then he noticed it as well.

"Malia's not here either" Liam said and Kira added looking grim "And nor is Kyle"

They were at lunch in school cafeteria and despite Scott telling himself he would make things right with Stiles today the were-fox was not in school.

They all looked at each other. A couple of minutes when by until  all of them realised what this meant at the same time. 

"Why would they do this!?" Scott gasped, did they really think they could take it by themselves?!

"I think we know why they would" Lydia said, side eyeing Scott but her tone was reluctant and full of fear.

"But we're pack" Liam replied sounding insulted however Scott interrupted him, hanging his head "We haven't been acting like it though"

Everyone looked at Scott, surprised.

He said, his voice turning a little bland but tinged with guilt "Its my fault. I've never really put myself in his shoes, what his feeling, what he used to feel. I'm his brother, I should have noticed he wasn't happy as a human. I should have supported him more and understood him better"

"If he wasn't happy as a human, why didn't he just ask for the bite?" Liam asked, frowning.

"He was scared" Lydia realised. 

 She explained to them apart from Scott "He was scared he'd become something worse if he got the bite. Scared he'd become what he'd seen and been like when he'd first felt what having supernatural power was like"

"But that was the Nogitsune?" Kira said slowly.

"Not exactly, from what I'd gathered there was a lot more to it than that" Scott said, shuddering a little as he remembered Stiles shouting at him at how he liked feeling powerful, in control, maybe a little too much.

But...

Stiles was still his brother.

Just because he has darker thoughts and darker instincts does not mean his going to become evil Scott thought firmly. He knew Stiles was scared of this now but he and the pack would have to help him overcome this fear.

Stiles was not evil.

Scott thought- no, Scott knew this.

"But we need to help him, help them. Stiles was right, I was to used to seeing Stiles in a certain light I didn't really see who he was as a person. And I was to used to remembering and thinking of him as a human I didn't see that any changes that were either already there or if they weren't, just because those personality traits had changed doesn't mean they were wrong" Scott said, his tone softer.

Lydia blinked but she smiled as she said "Who are you and what have you done to Scott McCall?"

"Oh haha" Scott said, rolling his eyes.

"Well? What are we waiting for? Helping Malia and Stiles is more important than being at school" Kira said, moving to grab her bag.

Scott frowned at her eagerness but there was something else in his mind as he looked at her.

Kikiyaon kill Kitsune...

"Everyone go to my place and get ready" He said, his alpha command loud and clear but he pulled her aside as the rest of his pack grabbed their stuff and moved away.

"Kira..." He said.

Her eyes narrowed at his tone.

"Oh no you don't" She said coldly.

He flinched a little but pleaded "It kill's Kitsune's...you could be in danger-!"

"So you could Stiles, so could you

"But its more dangerous for you!" 

"And its more dangerous for Stiles. I'm not leaving him" She said stubbornly and firmly. Her eyes were fierce.

Scott could really feel the affection in her voice, it hadn't been lost on him that her friendship with Stiles had become stronger ever since he'd transformed. He could see it now, how much she cared for him and wanted to protect him.

"Scott" Kira's voice less cold and more gentle "Please don't. I know I can help. You can as well" She suddenly took his hands in hers and added "We can help Stiles together"

He looked at her for a couple of seconds, feeling her determination and passion.

Then Kira really made him believe they would get through this, together.

Which was the belief he had been lacking all along and it finally came to him.

They'd do this together.

Their pack.