I Know

He couldn't get the Nogitsune out of his head or what it had said. And what it's kind had done.

Why, why were their eyes similar?

It couldn't be possible but the darker unreadable side of his mind was telling him it was because the Nogitsune's influence hadn't left him.

It had stained him.

Stained his soul.

And would never really leave him.

It was why he was a fox instead of a proper werewolf. 

And why his eyes the same colour as that damned supernatural creature.

"Hey, you okay?"

Malia's voice got him out of his inward dark thoughts.

"Yes- no, it's just, my eyes..." Stiles muttered.

"Don't worry about it, it probably doesn't mean anything" She said comfortingly.

"But-" Stiles tried.

"I'm not a werewolf. I'm a coyote and I still have the same eyes as them" She said reassuringly.

"But we're both fox's and-" Stiles then cut himself of.

"And?" Malia asked.

"It's nothing"

"Stiles..." 

"It's nothing!" Stiles snapped.

Malia stepped back, hurt.

Stiles winced, turning around "Sorry"

Stiles expression then suddenly changed a lot. Before she could ask he was suddenly hiding behind her then she rolled her eyes when she saw why.

Scott was walking across their hall to a different corridor.

"You can't avoid him forever" She hissed at Stiles from behind her.

"I can try" He huffed.

"Hey Malia" Scott greeted from the other side of the corridor.

"Hi Scott, what you doing here?" Malla asked, smiling a little to big and a little to brightly at him.

Scott frowned, confused and amused "I'm going to class?"

Then he said, raising his eyebrows "Hi Stiles, I can see you, you know"

Stiles signed standing up, embarrassed. He crossed his arms and looked away.

The two boys looked unsure how to talk to each other.

Malia sighed, having enough of this she stepped in and dragged Stiles away, who was relieved.

"Come on" She growled. Sick of the awkward tension between the two boys.

Lydia had come up behind Scott, having seen it and said dryly "You both are idiots!"

"I know" Scott groaned.

Why was this so awkward?

"Thank you" Stiles breathed out.

"I'm not doing that again. You need to talk at some point and tell him about the Nogitsune"

"I know, I know, it's just so hard, you know?" Stiles told Malia.

She looked a little sad and pitying as she replied "Yeah, I know"

For the next couple of days despite Malia and Kira's comforting, he worried.

And worried.

And worried!

His mind felt like it was falling apart over anxiety. He just could not get the Nogitsune out of his head, it was confusing it wasn't for real this time.

He thought he could just ignore it.

But he couldn't.

He just couldn't.

Stiles had to know!

And he knew that his need for answers might some day get him killed.

Because there are some things in life you just don't want to know.