(36) Christian L. Davenport

OKAYYY ONCE AGAIN VERY VERY LONG CHAPTER BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! Please comment and tell me what you think!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laurence looked at Alex for a few moments before sighting and standing up silently, closing the door of his office, and turning around to see a confused but serious Alex, who was trying to maintain his severe posture. A couple of minutes before, Alex had told Laurence every single emotion and feeling that he felt for Arabella; he confessed his profound love for her, and how nothing in the entire world would make him change his feelings towards her, not even a bloody album or a stupid song.

"I hoped it would be just a simple crush, you know; that in a matter of weeks or months you would give up on her and move towards another lady, but guess that I was wrong" muttered Laurence with tiredness, "Unfortunately, I was indeed wrong"

"I'm sorry, Laurence" apologize Alex sincerely, "But truth is that nothing can change the way I feel about her"

"And I didn't really wanted to tell you this, but you leave me no choice" said Laurence as he slowly walked towards his desk.

Alex looked at him confused, "Tell me what?"

Laurence sat back again on his big chair and brought his fingers to the bridge of his nose; his irritation and tiredness were prominently visible, and for an instance Alex thought that he looked even older than before. His withered fingers revealed the passing of time that was so inevitable and unavoidable, and the bags under his blue eyes contained all the years of work and stress that his job commanded. But there was something different about his lost and vulnerable gaze, something that Alex had never seen before in Laurence, and that was even surprised that his whole expression could portray it; without any doubt, Laurence's eyes had an inexplicable and slightly trace of sadness.

"How much do you know about Arabella, son?" said Laurence finally, "How much did she actually told you about herself?"

Alex looked at him quietly without changing even a single facial expression from his youthful but angry face; only his jawline reflected the tension and slightly fear that was starting to be created inside his being. But despite all that, Alex was unable to answer the question to Laurence, mainly because he already knew the sincere answer, only that he didn't wanted to hear it from someone like him.

Laurence understood instantly, "Not very much, huh? That's what I imagined"

"So... If my conclusions are right, you want some answers..." said Laurence with a seductively convincing tone, "You want the truth, right?"

"Because I have what you want, kid" continued Laurence now changing his voice into a more paternal tone, "I can tell you everything you want to know about her, from the very start to the actual ending"

Alex's confusion was now even clearer than before, and he could feel how his heart was rapidly beating inside his chest, so loud and so fast that he could hear the echoes that were concealed inside him. His breathing was now inexplicably rushed but at the same time calm, still in control, but his hands were starting to sweat profusely and his throat became extremely dry.

"But I just want you to promise me one thing before I tell you everything, Alex" said Laurence with a serious tone.

"And what would that be, Laurence?" managed to say Alex despite the burning fire that he felt inside his throat.

"Don't get mad at me for telling you the ugly truth" said Laurence with sharp eyes.

"Sounds fair enough" concluded Alex briefly.