(35) How Deep The Ocean Actually Is?

"Hello there" said Arabella from the other corner of the room; she was lying on the couch with a red velvet blanket that was covering her whole body, revealing only her beautiful face.

"Hey" said Alex shyly and without really looking at her, not because he didn't wanted to, but because he couldn't; it was mentally painful.

He gently sat by her side, grabbing delicately her pale and soft hand, interlocking his fingers with her. Alex looked at the holding of their hands with a melancholic expression on his face, that Arabella noticed instantly.

"Are you alright?" said Arabella while sitting up properly and facing him, "You seem – sad..."

Alex observed Arabella's preoccupied face and felt a profound slash inside his chest; her undefined pale blue eyes portrayed all of the concerns and feelings that she could bare for him. Her gaze concealed a unique brightness that would made all of the stars in the whole galaxy be entirely jealous. Alex wished that his mind would make an instant flashing photography of this moment, a memory that would last forever inside his head. He wanted to conserve that image of her more than any other moment that they had experienced together. So despite the fact that the whole image of her would be only a vanished memory inside his head, he'll remember this moment forever; he will always remember the face of the girl that broke his heart into a million pieces.

"Yeah, I'm fine" he said faking an absent smile.

He looked at her for a couple of minutes and thought of every single possibility that would avoid the inevitable ending that was yet to come. Was he really even considering ending everything? He was indeed, not because he didn't loved her, but because he knew deep inside his heart that it was the best he could possibly do to help her continue with the bright future that she had ahead of her. Just thinking of being the reason for her failure made Alex feel like an absolute piece of shit.

"Arabella..." said Alex gently, almost in a whisper.

"What?" she said completely unaware of Alex's intentions and thoughts.

"I would like you to come with me to a special place"

"Are you kidding me? Right now?" Arabella looked at the watch that on the table, "It's almost midnight"

"It doesn't really matter" said Alex without taking her eyes off her.

"But where?" said Arabella with a slight curiosity.

"You'll know when we'll get there" said Alex, "Do you trust me?"

Arabella looked at him for a couple of seconds blankly, trying to understand what he was up to, but nothing seemed to cross her empty mind.

"Well, guess I don't really have a choice, do I?"

Alex smiled gently, "No, you really don't"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They arrived at the beach's dock while the countless lighthouses were still glooming strongly, illuminating both Alex's and Arabella's way towards the very last end of the dock, which had a small green bench that was located in the very edge of the rail that separated the huge and massive ocean from them. Both of them sat down next to each other, and neither of them said a single word. They were secretly and silently observing the millions of bright stars that also illuminated the dark night that surrounded them.

"You know, this is my favorite place in the entire world" confessed Alex sincerely without looking at Arabella, just talking to the vast and wild ocean with tender eyes "It gently became a place in which I could just sit here and stare at the ocean for hours, forgetting about everything and everyone for just a limited time"