(15) This is Gonna Be A Lovely Evening

Alex was frantically searching inside his closet for his big black leather jacket. He hadn't used it in a while and thought that today was a special occasion for using it; he and the Arctic Monkeys were going to rehearse the new songs that Alex had recently written for the band's new album. He was quiet happy and excited, in his own special kind of way.

He finally found the black leather jacket and put it on; he looked at himself in the mirror for several seconds, analyzing his whole outfit and even winking at his reflection before heading straight to the door. He grabbed the keys from his house and put them on the pocket of his leather jacket, but he soon found something inside of them. He found a piece of paper that was wrapped in half and contained two Polaroid photos inside of it.

Alex opened the piece of paper and his happy expression soon disappear; this piece of paper was the lyrics to a song he once composed for Arielle, and the two polaroid photos showed Arielle with Alex's sky-blue Lacoste and her black knee socks. He remembered that day perfectly: Arielle bought the Fuji Film Instax Polaroid that day and was so excited about it that her and Alex took photos of each other the whole evening. Arielle kept the rest of the photos, but Alex remembered asking her if he could keep those two photos; he was fascinated with them, but mostly about Arielle.

He also remembered when he composed that song; Arielle was dancing around her house with Alex's clothes and her knee socks, and when she felt asleep next to Alex, he couldn't help himself and ended up writing this song for her. He never showed it to Arielle though.

Alex sighed at himself while reading the lyrics, and couldn't help but feel like a complete dickhead once again. It was his entire fault, of course. He perfectly knew that, but he couldn't do anything about it. He then hide the paper inside his black portfolio, where the rest of the other new songs were. He spend all night re-writing them, making a clean version of them. He even wrote another new song. So with this new song that he found he had officially now four songs.

"Well that's a good start" he thought to himself.

But when he was on his way to the door, the doorbell ranged loudly. Alex wasn't expecting anyone, so he wasn't sure of whom it could actually be. He slowly opened the door, unsure of what to expect, and saw Miles with his sunglasses and that cocky smile of his, leaning against his door.

"Surprise sunshine!" said Miles as he rapidly hugged Alex, "Weren't expecting to see me, right?"

"Miles, mate! What the fuck are you doing here?" he said with a big smile on his face.

"Well I've heard that there was going to be a party tonight, and you know how much I  love a good party" said Miles while lighting a cigarette.

"You fucking bastard, I'm so glad you're here" said Alex now walking with him to the studio.

"What can I say? If there's a party around, Miles is gonna be there!" he said while passing his arm on Alex's shoulder.

"You seriously need to stop" said Alex mocking him.

"Oh shut up, a little party never killed nobody" he said while opening the door of the studio.

Matt was already in the drums practicing little tunes, Nick was having some coffee and chatting with Kelly, Jamie on the other hand was in the couch with Katie snogging each other romantically. But they all stopped what they were doing when they saw both Miles and Alex entering the door.

"Miles!" screamed Matt from the bottom of his lungs, leaving the drums instantly and hugging him, "What are you doing here, lad?"

"Oh you know, just checking how my monkeys were" he said while hugging Jamie and then Nick.