(14) That Lucky Bastard

They bring you back to life...

Arabella dreamed about that song all night long, it seemed to be stuck in her head and the sound of Alex's voice was humming in her mind since she had closed her eyes.

Run but you cannot hide...

Why did she dream of him? And that hypnotizing voice that seemed to drive Arabella out of her mind. She wasn't running from that intoxicating voice, but she wasn't accepting it either. Arabella didn't want to hide anymore, she wanted to embrace it. But she couldn't. She just wouldn't let herself do that.

All night long they reappear...

Alex's voice was echoing louder and louder and Arabella was now picturing him inside her head. The leather jacket, the cigarette, his messy but yet perfect hair; and the sound of his voice, that made her melt complete in the sheets of her bed. She wanted to stop hearing that powerful and deep voice, but she couldn't. Alex's voice was now repeating itself constantly and Arabella even started to picture his lips moving gently and slowly, while those deep brown eyes looked at her in a passionate way.

Then out of nowhere somebody comes and hits with an...

"Arabella!" screamed Andrew from the top of his lungs. She suddenly woke up in a hesitated way, breathless and looking at Andrew with a mortified expression in her face.

"What the fuck?!" she said, raising her voice. 

"It's practically the fourth time that I've called your name, and you weren't waking up" he said while exiting the room, "Take a shower and put on some clothes, we're going shopping remember?" he said a little bit louder so that Arabella could hear him.

Arabella looked at her window pane; a ray of light illuminated only half of Arabella's white skin and face, making her eyes even paler than before. She slowly closed her eyes and enjoyed the warm heat that the sun was caressing in her skin. Then she rapidly undressed herself and stepped into the shower. This was going to be a long day.

She quickly put on her black leather skinny pants and a white simple T-shirt, then her black ankle boots and finally her favorite jean jacket. She grabbed her sunglasses and then her black leather backpack.

"Should we walk or use your motorcycle?" said Andrew while opening the door.

"Let's just use my motorcycle. The faster we finish with this the happier I'll be" she said while entering the elevator.

They arrived at the Mall and went straight towards Starbucks so that they could have some quick breakfast first, they were both so rushed in the morning that they've had forgotten to even eat something. After that, they both went straightly to All Saints, a brand that Andrew recommended, since Arabella had no real clue about fashion; she bought moth of her cloth in vintage stores or garage sales. She tried on a few dresses but none of them really seem to satisfy her, until Andrew saw a backless dark-red velvet dress with a V-neck and two thin strips. The dress was absolutely simple but beautiful and sexy at the same time. Andrew looked carefully at the dress before handing it to Arabella and smiled to himself.

Once Arabella came out of the wardrobe, Andrew stood in shocked at her; his eyes opened widely and he even dropped a whistle.

"Looking good, Arabella Jones" he said while nodding in acceptance.

Arabella looked at herself in the mirror for a couple of minutes; she didn't say anything but she was analyzing the dress silently in her mind.

"I suppose it's okay..." she said after coming out from the wardrobe once more, "Fine, I'll take it"

"This was actually much faster than I thought it would be" Andrew said, mocking Arabella.

Arabella turned around to respond Andrew, but as soon as she opened her mouth she stood in a silent shock at the person who was entering the shop.

"OMG!! Arabella, is that you? You're looking great girl!" said Arielle practically screaming at her from the distance. She was accompanied by a man that was basically her same height; he was tanned and as he comes closer Arabella could notice his green eyes and his blonde and short hair.

"Arielle, how are you?" said Arabella in an unexpressive tone.

"I'm fine, doing some shopping you know, the usual girly stuff. What a coincidence right?! Founding each other here!" she said while hugging her and showing her big white perfect teeth.

Arabella wasn't really used to hugging and she felt quiet uncomfortable when she felt Arielle's warm embrace. Arielle then looked at her from head to toes and her eyes opened widely.

"Wow, but I'm guess that you're better than me. You look incredible! Seriously!" she said, smiling at her.

"Thank you" said Arabella, with a gentle but unexpressive smile.

"Hello there, I'm Andrew" apparently he didn't waste a minute to present himself to Arielle, handing his hand towards her and looking at her with a warm smile, "I'm Arabella's best friend and one of his band mates"

"Oh, hi! I'm Arielle!" she said while stretching hands with Andrew. She then looked at the man who was standing next to her and said in a surprised tone "Oh my God, I'm so rude! I haven't presented you guys to Matt; he's my best friend also, but certainly not a band mate" she said while laughing. Matt waved towards Arabella and Andrew with a cocky smirk in his face, especially when he looked at Arabella.

"But hey, what are you doing with such a fancier dress? Going to a party tonight, huh?" said Arielle to Arabella with a wink.

"Tomorrow, actually" she said.

"I suppose that Al is also going, right?" soon Arielle's eyes looked more melancholic than before, and her words revealed a tone full of misery.

Arabella simply nodded to her and saw once again Arielle's sad gaze; it was as if her beautiful and bright eyes had drowned inside the sadness that was her heart. Arabella didn't knew why, but looking at her made her feel an extreme tenderness towards her, as if she somehow understood the pain behind those eyes.

"Well, hope you have a lovely evening you guys! Have lots of fun!" said Arielle, forcing a smile and trying to recover herself. She and Matt waved at Andrew and Arabella while exiting the shop.

"Okey, and who the fuck was that beauty?" said Andrew while puffing and throwing himself at the black couch that was beside them.

"She's shagging Alex" said Arabella with a serious tone, while looking at the floor. She didn't know why but those words bothered her a little bit. She felt how this inexplicable sensation started to bloom inside her; the sort of sensation that travels through your whole body, leaving a path of aching doubts.

"Turner?!" he said while raising his voice and opening his eyes widely.

"The one & only" said Arabella while going to the wardrobe to undress herself and pay for the dress.

"That lucky bastard" said Andrew whit a frowning expression on his face.