I'm No Cinderella-Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"Now, child. Are you still always feeling cold?" Desaad asked. I nodded.

"Good, good. And the nightmares are continuing?" I nodded again. "Speak up!" He shouted, causing me to jump.

"Y-yes, master." I replied. "I am always cold, and the nightmares have continued."

"Do they terrify you, child?"

"Yes, master." I said again. "Some more than others." 

 "Veerryyy good." He decided. His footsteps walked away and another, heavier sounding set came forward. These were know to me as well, and greatly feared. I stood there, very stiff and still, waiting for what I knew would come.

And then I felt it. I was given a hard punch to the gut, and I knew that another bruise would form and join the countless others that scattered my body. I wanted to scream because there was no doubt in my mind that I had more than one broken rib, and the punch brought an almost unbearable pain, but I stayed silent. Not giving me any time to recover, the man took a whip and began striking me over and over again, on different parts of my body. My body was threatening to faint, but I forced myself to stay awake, because fainting meant consequences. And one beating a day was more than enough, trust me.

After he got bored of the whip, he must have decided to skip slapping me and get straight to the knife, because I felt the sharp edge cut me in several places, including my wrist, up my arms, one on my stomach, and my leg. He had never cut my stomach before, and this time I couldn't help but scream as I felt the burning, white-hot sensation of the blade cutting into my already bruised skin. I felt the blood trickling down my body but that's not what my mind was occupied about. I had always wondered why every time I was cut, I felt like something was on the knife. Something that would pass into my bloodstream. I had no idea what kind of experiments that he was doing on me, as I was never told, and was too afraid to ask, but all I knew was that it would not be a pleasant experience if I was allowed to open my eyes. 

"Very good. Bring her back out so that we may finish this and tell her the surprise." Desaad told the guard. The surprise bit sparked my interest, but when I was picked up, I quickly forgot it and braced myself for what was to come. I felt myself be carried for a bit, and then the walking stopped. I took a deep breath, clamped my eyes shut, and was then plunged into a burning liquid.

The liquid seeped into my wounds and hurt so badly that I wanted the cry out in agony, but I knew that even if I did, I would swallow it, and that didn't seem smart. The stuff licked at my eyelids and even though I squeezed my eyes shut, some still managed to get behind my eye lids, making the pain even worse.

After a few more seconds of the literal torture, I was pulled out, gasping for air.

"Sit her down. Change her into dry things." Desaad ordered. I felt myself be stripped of my clothes, but I knew better than to argue. I was quickly dressed in something dry. It was scratchy and uncomfortable, but dry. Then my blindfold was lifted and I was given a dry one. I didn't dare peek. "Very good. Now, child. You know that opening your eyes is out of the question, yes?" I nodded. "Speak!"

'Yes master." I said quickly.

"Yes, well, I have been working on something that should allow you to see even with the experiments that I have conducted. Would you like that?"

"Yes master."

"Good. I'm sure you will be glad to hear that I believe this will be the last time we will go through this process. I think that after tonight, my serums will take hold, and we can begin the trail stage. You will go back to your chambers, and when you wake up, I will send my assistant to you and he will place my creation on your face. It is... a visor of sorts, and will allow you to see. Understood?"

"Yes master." I replied. "I am grateful, master."

"Take her away." he ordered. As I was being dragged back onto the Warworld, I overhear Savage an Desaad talking. "It's amazing that you found her."

"I was not sure what I was looking for, only that the coloring was peculiar, and she was quite bothersome, so I thought bringing her here was a good idea." Savage said. "It amazes me that she has survived all of this."

"Yes. Her rare coloring in her irises hinted that she might contain a rare mutant gene. It is found in one of every few thousand humanoid creatures, and just means that the body is more durable. It is a more dormant version of the meta-human gene the Reach had looked for in humans, and is typically unimportant. but in this case, it has proved to be quite useful."

That was the last thing I heard before we went through the boom tube and I was thrown back into my chamber, and shackled to the wall.

I was relieved in a way, because I knew that tomorrow, my darkness would be ended. And then I made up my mind. There would be no more of this. I would not allow them to use me. My friends were not coming, that was clear. So I was going to make my own destiny. I was going to escape.

I prayed to every god that I had every heard of in my entire life. God, Buddha, Allah, and about a billion other, asking for help and strength and guidance. Then I had a thought. Wonder Woman was an Amazon. She was given life by the Greek Goddess Aphrodite. Surely, the Greek Gods were real in some way, shape, or form.  So I took everything that I had ever learn about Greek Mythology, and I prayed. I prayed to Athena for wisdom, Hermes for safe travel, and Hera and Hestia, because as the patron goddesses of family, the home, and women, I thought it would be a nice touch. I want to go home and be with my family again.

How was I going to escape? First rule of being a spy: Listen. People will always tell you what you need to know.

"Man, I need some alone time. There's not a single place to sit in peace on the entire, giant ship." One of the guards outside my room said.

 "Try one of the escape pods. They're just down at the end of the hall. I like to sit there and have some quiet time." The other said.

"Really? Cool. I'll check it out." I just smiled. Tonight would be my last night here. I was going to escape or die trying. I'm no Cinderella, and I don't need a prince charming to save me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys. ok first things first, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE GREEK GODS. I'm Christian, but, I thought it would be a nice touch. I don't care what religion you are, and I'm open to all people, but if you don't wanna read it, then just skip over those parts. I will hardly bring it up. Maybe once in the next chapter and thts it. Ok, I HOPE U LIKED IT!! COMMENT AND VOTE!