Chapter 31 - Final

Sorry I didn't update yesterday I spent the night with my friend but heres your final chapter! I have a question for you at the end

Five Finger Death Punch – Coming Down

--

You kept feeding me your bullshit hoping I would break.

There was nothing that could compare to the emotions I had towards losing Vic. Not one single incidence in my life could be placed above hearing him die. I was with him only moments before. I could have saved him, somehow. I didn't, though, and that's on me.

I walked home in a fit of sobs. I felt like I was breaking; like my insides were caving in, and I just let it happen. The only thing keeping me from falling into an even darker headspace was Copeland, and Vic and I's baby.

The moment I walked through the doors to the house, I walked to where Copeland was, and wrapped my arms around her. Mike had brought her over after the pair ran a few errands, and knowing that they were both here made this all so much more heartbreaking.

My eyes landed on a concerned looking Mike, and I broke down even further. I saw Vic in him. The brothers never really looked much alike to me, but in that moment, it was almost as though Mike and Vic were the same person.

"Kellin?" Mike questioned carefully, walking toward Copeland and I slowly with an outstretched hand.

"He – he. Oh my god." I couldn't even get the words out. I was hiccupping and there were tears running down my cheeks and pooling around my mouth.

"What? Kellin what happened?" Mike asked again, his voice shaking a little.

"Vic . . . he – dead," I choked out quickly. If my life was fine china, everything would be falling to the ground, shattering in a heap of broken glass and irreparable pieces.

"Daddy's dead?" Copeland whimpered, clutching onto me even tighter than before. It was hard for us to be in a tight embrace because of my baby bump, but we managed.

"I'm so sorry." All we did for a few hours was sit and hold onto each other. It was like the ground around us that once seemed solid was turning to quicksand, and we were struggling to get out. It was an uphill battle, and it seemed as though ever foot we rose dropped us back ten feet.

"We'll get through this. We're a family now," Mike said, and I sure as hell hoped he meant it.

--

An investigation was led to find the man who had tortured Vic, but it seemed as though he had vanished into thin air. There was no sign of him, and when I tried to take the police to the place I had visited Vic, the building didn't even exist.

Vic was eventually pronounced dead, and the only reason why they didn't think I was insane was because of the footage we captured on the camera, along with the paranormal crew testifying alongside me.

The funeral was a week after I walked out of the mystery location. It was closed casket, for obvious reasons, and so many people were there that you could barely move.

Many comforted me, even though I had barely met a quarter of them, and it was nice to know that this was my family. Even though Vic and I never got the chance to marry Vic, our families were still one.

When it came time for me to make a speech, I was nearly done for. My feet and eyes were swollen, and I was starving, but I managed to stay. I didn't know if I would ever be able to leave, to be honest.

"Vic was my universe," I started, gripping the podium and biting my lip to keep from crying out. "He gave me everything I could have ever wanted, and then more.

"I never really got the whole 'in love' thing before Vic. I had a girlfriend, but she was never really the one. Vic was always the one. I'm a firm believer that everything that has ever happened to me, was to lead me to Vic. Every sign from Heaven, Hell, and anything in between, pointed me on my way to Vic." I stepped back from the podium, bringing my hand up to my mouth and clenching my eyes shut to avoid looking like a fool.

"He made everything complete," I sobbed out. My eyes were still closed, and I had a hand wrapped around my stomach. My body was shaking with sobs, and I could literally feel my death, but something stopped me. The baby kicked, a soft, tiny kick right against the palm of my hand.

I felt Vic there with me. Not necessarily in the form of the baby, but he was here. We were all here together.

"I need him more than anything. I need him more than I need oxygen. Every day without him feels like a day wasted.

"There are things holding me together, though. Just when I want to bust at the seams, Copeland runs up and gives me one of her famous hugs, or the baby kicks and makes me remember that I have a purpose. There is something I am meant to be here for, and though Vic isn't physically here with me, he's always going to go through life's journeys in spirit. He's always going to be the hand that reaches out in the dark when I'm alone and feel like breaking. He was that when he was here with me, so I don't doubt that he will make it a point to live out the same way in the afterlife." I stood back for a moment, processing what I had said. Everyone was dead silent. You could probably hear a pin drop.

"I love you. Forever and always." With that, I walked off the stage with the help of Mike, and went to the back of the room, trying to collect myself.

I was kneeling with my hands over my face, crying, when I felt a small pair of arms wrap around my shoulders. Copeland.

"It's going to be okay, Daddy."

--

THE END. DO YOU WANT ME TO DO AN EPILOGUE?