Chapter 29

Snuff – Slipknot (I say a lot of songs are my favorite but this one has been my definite favorite for a long time and it still is)

--

I couldn't face a life without your light, but all of that was ripped apart when you refused to fight.

"Vic, I really hate you right now, but I think we need to work together to find this person you made the deal with that night," I sighed, rolling my eyes at the thought of having to be in his presence any time soon.

"Okay." Was all he said, looking down and playing with his hands. I didn't really feel bad for him, even if he did seem apologetic.

I didn't really want to talk to Vic, so I just left it at that. Nothing else was said between the two of us for a while, and we really avoided each other as much as possible.

I went on about what I needed to do, grabbing the books and bringing them to the guest bedroom, while hooking my laptop to the charger. I was getting considerably bigger, so I ended up having to lean over my stomach to reach things I would have been able to reach just fine a few months ago.

Nothing really popped out as I read through the book. I was trying to stay focused, but without any information, it was getting harder to try and piece things together and hold onto hope.

"Kellin, when do you want to go find the guy?" Vic asked, knocking on the door once before entering.

"Whenever. I'm trying to research right now," I said in monotone. I loved Vic, but I was too pissed off to be inviting.

Vic left after he realized that I didn't really want to be talking to him. I would have gone elsewhere, but I figured it was best for us to at least stay together, that way we had backup in case something happened to one of us.

It was around nine in the afternoon (y'all would have made the reference regardless so why not) and I didn't plan on sleeping in the same room as Vic. To be honest, I felt like I would fall over if I even tried to stand, and I was also not in the mood to be in Vic's presence.

I kept up my research till about eleven, when my eyes kept closing no matter how I tried to stimulate myself.

The bed seemed to swallow my up, and I soon found myself dozing off.

--

It was about two hours later when I woke up to something moving around in the bed. I panicked, shuffling around to try and see what was going on behind me.

I noticed that all of the books I was using were set on the nightstand, and my pants were on the floor along with my shirt.

My breathing picked up as the movement continued, and I went to sit up, but I stopped when whatever was going on stopped.

"Sh, it's just me," I heard someone, Vic, say.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked, I'll admit, rather rudely.

"Missed you. Can't sleep without you next to me," he mumbled in reply, warming my heart. I knew I was going against my morals by forgiving him, but I couldn't help it. I loved him so much, and no matter how much I really disliked what he had done, I couldn't deny that my love for him overpowered the feelings of unhappiness.

I stayed quiet, allowing Vic to bring the covers over the both of us, then pull me into him gently by my hips.

"You know I love you, right?" he asked, his voice light as he whispered next to my ear.

"I know, and I love you too." I grabbed his hand, which was laying gently on my stomach, and laced our fingers together, squeezing his hand once before succumbing to sleep.

-- 

yall better thank heaven, hell, and everything in between that there is an undo button on Word bc i for sure deleted the whole chapter when i went to copy and paste this