Chapter 17

HOLY SHIT THIS STORY IS RANKED AND I HAVE SO MANY FOLLOWERS AND READS ON IT SHITITITITIITIT PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT SO IT CAN GET HIGHER IN THE RANKS BC I DON'T THINK I'VE HAD A STORY RANKED SINCE POSITIVE AND I'M SO

Also the update to Daddy by kellicXxforever made me breathe weird likE

Tell Her You Love Her- echosmith

--

But don't you run away, run away when you get tired. 'Cause this will slip away, slip away and start a fire that can never be put out. Oh, hurry time is running out. But don't you run away, run away before you tell her you love her

"You're what?" Vic asked, a look of shock washing over his face as he just stared into my eyes. I was worried, to say the least.

"I'm pregnant," I rushed, clenching my eyes shut. This was probably one of the most difficult conversations I had ever had.

"Oh," was all Vic replied. It was weird to see him so passive, but I went along with it, hoping for the best.

"That's all?" I wondered, cocking my head to the side. A part of me thought maybe it hadn't hit him yet, but he was a pretty quick thinker, so maybe he just wasn't that opposed to a family.

"I mean, I guess. I'm kind of at work so there isn't much I can say," he told me. I was so fucking confused. He acted like I just told him I ate lunch at a nice restaurant or something.

"Well, I guess I'll be on my way then. You obviously don't care," I replied with a bit of attitude. I was feeling sort of deflated. I wanted this to be something positive for us, but he acted like it was the most casual thing.

"Kell," he started, reaching out and wrapping an arm around my waist. "It's not that I'm unenthusiastic, because, believe it or not, I am really happy about this, but I just can't do much at work because it's sort of bittersweet. We have families coming in here to talk about the child they're putting up for adoption, and other's trying to adopt, but here we are celebrating the fact that we're about to have a child that is going to have a loving family. It's just not the time for me to go around yelling about how I'm going to be a father," Vic explained, and I suppose it was a pretty good point.

"I'm sorry. I just didn't get it at first," I said, leaning my head against his shoulder. I was exhausted after the morning I had had, and it showed through my actions.

"Just go home, get some rest, and we'll celebrate after I get home from picking Copeland up. You can stay at my place if you want," Vic offered, and I nodded my head. I felt like that would be a good option, considering Vic and I were going to want to see each other later.

I greeted a few people I had met at the party, then kissed Vic goodbye and left. A part of me felt bad for interrupting him at work, but I couldn't help it. The news would have eaten me alive had I kept it all in.

The rest of the day was sort of slow. I walked back to Vic's house, kicking rocks on the way and thinking about what this meant for the three of us, Copeland included. We wouldn't really have to move, because both Vic and I's house was suitable for the four of us, but I would want the baby to go to a nice school, so we'd have to check into that. I didn't know what I was going to do with my job, considering I was a kindergarten teacher, and a bunch of little kids plus a pregnant me wouldn't equate to a good few months. Though this was extremely worrying, it was simultaneously very exciting. I was going to be able to see my child grow up, which was something I missed with Copeland.

When I got to Vic's house, I unlocked the door and walked to the kitchen. I hadn't really eaten all day because my stomach was not agreeing with me, but as the day progressed, I regained my appetite.

"Ugh," I groaned, rolling my eyes when I looked to see that there were only a few pieces of French Toast Crunch left in the box. (ok just a note French toast crunch is a thing and it's the fucking bomb. Im allergic to cinnamon and I eat that shit. Carry on)

The more I searched Vic's kitchen, the more I understood why Vic ate out a lot. Literally everything he bought was catered toward Copeland. From the princess juice boxes, to the Power Rangers gummy snacks, there was nothing that wasn't six-and-under.

I was forced to eat a bag of Sofia the First pretzels. They were okay, no doubt, but sort of bland. Whatever.

I took a nap for the rest of the time I was home alone, lying on the bed and drifting off into heaven as Vic's glorious bed aided me in falling asleep.

--

I woke up to the sound of the door slamming against the frame and the pitter-patter of Copeland's little feet. I was curled up in the bed, my hands wrapped around my stomach, when the door to the bedroom opened and in walked Vic, holding flowers and wearing a smile.

"I got these for you," he whispered shyly. I could imagine that I looked awful; sporting ruffled up hair and a lopsided smile.

"Thank you," I told him, my voice crackly as I reached for him.

Vic came over to my side, setting the flowers down and leaning over the side of the bed to place his lips to mine. We had kissed plenty of times, sure, but every time felt like magic.

"I figure we should tell Copeland the exciting news, hm?" Vic wanted to know. I hadn't even thought about her reaction, and I couldn't be more excited.

"Yes," I replied, my face lighting up as I threw the covers off of my body and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. Vic put his hands out to steady me, but I brushed them away. Judging by his reaction, he wanted me to be more careful, but I wasn't even showing yet, so I didn't have to act differently at the moment.

"Hey, Cope, come see," Vic beckoned, taking my hand as we both walked into the living room. She had been in her room before, but she soon appeared with her little action figure and plopped down in the loveseat.

"Yes?" she wondered aloud, leaning her head on her elbow that was propped up on the arm of the seat.

"We have some exciting news," I began, grinning widely at her. She simply gave me a confused look before asking:

"Are we going to Disney World?" My face fell for a moment, thinking about possibly letting her down, but I continued anyway.

"No, but this is pretty much equally exciting, I think," I said. "You're going to have a little brother or sister!"

Copeland looked confused for a moment, but she quickly came to the realization of what I meant, and her face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"What?!" she yelled, smiling and jumping up from her seat. She did a little dance, then came over to me and gave Vic and I a hug. "Can we please name him Jason Lee Scott. Like the Power Ranger?"

I wanted to laugh at her question, but I could tell the little girl was dead serious, so instead I nodded and told her we would think about it.