Chapter 23: The first of three: A Sabor Horffin

Începe de la început

‘She speaks like someone is telling her what to say.’ He said trying to get me to understand.

‘You talked to her?’ I asked and I felt angry and almost betrayed for some reason.

‘Yes, but that’s not the point-’ he started but I cut him off.

‘Then what is the point? Did you forget she pushed me down the portal? She is my jealous twin sister and she will always be that way. I thought you were my friend.’ I whispered at the end.

‘I am I just- I need some air.’ He said opening the door and Lucy, Nico and Jake fell down from leaning on the door. I rolled my eyes as they got up.

‘Leah how much do you remember from our home?’ Jake said picking up a book from the shelf.

‘The day I was pushed to earth,’ I said and I saw the look Jake shared with Lucy.

‘What?’ I asked confused. Am I missing something?

‘You almost died as a baby of an illness but you survived. Throughout the years you were the attention of both your parents and Evianna was ordered to stay away from you because she was sick more often but it was never severe. Both of your parents hired people to care for her instead of doing it themselves. She was always put to the side and you came first for anything.’ Lucy said looking at me and waiting for my reaction.

That can’t be true. Mother said she was her favorite.

‘Evianna didn’t have any friends really because there’s not that many people in that realm. Apparently she and Justin had a thing going on. Justin saw something in her and fell hard for her and then after you were pushed down he said he had yelled at her but something in her eyes was telling him that she didn’t mean it. The truth is Justin knows Evianna better than anyone, even your parents.’ Jake said and I felt guilty for yelling at Justin.

‘Well I don’t know what to say now.’ I said stumped. I had always assumed that she was evil but I still don’t know for a fact she’s good so-

My thoughts were interrupted by a crash that came from outside. We all ran outside and saw a blonde girl that shared all my features but she was covered in a bloody heap. Justin held her and there was a note on her.

‘Let me see the note,’ I said stronger than I felt. Justin handed me the note and I read it aloud.

‘Kathalina,