"She is coming at eleven right? I will talk to her then." I crossed my hands over my chest my hands tend to feel like they pull me down when I get nervous or worked up. "Will you can tell him, the whole neighbourhood knows by now what happened just not when I am around."

-------------------------

I left Will talking to Chris and went for a walk around the pool, the Kellers had an amazing eye for detail. The huge vase with tribal trailings that held dwarf trees gave the place a pristine finish. Now don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who die of interior decor or marvel at how good the back yard and front has been arranged but if something looks good you say it, right? The pool was big for a family of six that included Will too. Traces of family time spent barbecuing was evident by the grill that was further down close to the backyard gate. Pink, white and purple flowers bloomed happily an indication that time has been spent on them.

"Blake?" Chris voice was approaching, "Judy is here."

A nod was easier as he led us back to Will's space. I grabbed some flip flops and followed Chris again to the kitchen area where I found Judy biting on her nail with a semi worried look over her usually bubbly face. A tight embrace and don't leave me in the dark again came out of her lips as we sat down.

"You know what happened right." I tried to push back some hair that was falling out of place. How do those girls with messy hair manage to look so cute?

"Know what? That you left home yesterday with tears and are crushing over here? If that's it, then that's all I know."

It is so hard not to smile at Judy's I need more info face. I pulled air maybe to reduce the stress level I had or to try and fit all the information in one sentence. "Tom has a daughter with Cindy's dead twin sister who happens to be older than me and brain dead and they also visit her every month explaining the trips to the coast." yeap it was to fit everything in one sentence.

"Ok too much to take in one go but sorry doll." I gave her more details before giving me another hug, "So here are your clothes and your phone, Tom has been worried and Cindy, lets just say you have it good with the diet." It was obvious that she is trying to light up the whole situation, she is the best.

"Are you staying over for lunch."

"No I have to get back if I don't want Cindy to know where you are."

True she had a point, i don't want to face them now. "How is your mom."

"She was as worried as I was. She keeps on saying no one will eat what she cooks anymore if you left."

"Am sure that's not what she said." she had managed to make me laugh my lungs out.

"Am serious, you are the only one who eats anything she cook." she had a serious face making me look all crazy.

"But she is a good cook. Tell her I miss her already."

"Really? You haven't even stayed for long and you miss her already? I think I am being a bad daughter then."

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking just avoiding I have a half sister topic. We had lunch and watched a movie that was from this era, Will couldn't win against three Avengers fan. At around five thirty Judy left but not before getting some alone time with Chris. Am I the only one liking where this is going.

Chris, Will and I were having a good time making chapatis for supper, Chris' favorite, when the gate buzzer rang.

"Who could that be? " I looked over to Will who had flour on his forehead down his nose.

" Can't be the trash guy, he comes on Fridays not Saturdays." Chris who was the cleanest of the three of us placed the nicely rounded dough on the hot pan.

"I can go to check it out." I undid my apron.

"I will come with you." Will followed me to the gate and the playing wasn't left in the kitchen. Apparently the Kellers choose to do their own work, like clean after themselves and even open their own gate. I totally admire that. I wasn't thinking when I said I will check who is at the gate since when we opened Tom's red face was all I saw before anger and tears blurred my vision.

"Blake, I need to talk to you." he looked over from Will to me.

Will pulled me to him with one hand holding me, "She is not ready to talk to you yet." his voice was calm but you could tell he meant it and I liked him a bit more just for that.

Tom took my right hand holding it in his, I felt the warmness and tenderness but I wasn't ready.

"Blake get back to the house." Will pulled me behind him sensing my silent cry.

"Listen here buddy, she is my daughter and I want to talk to her not you so please step away before I do something bad." his voice carried so much anger. Will said nothing new apart from telling me to get back in and I obeyed, there was nothing I was doing there. I had started taking the steps back to the house when I hard a huge thud followed by someone hitting the floor hard. I span around and horror filled my face, Tom had punched Will and he was on the floor. Everything went in slow motion as I went to help Will up. Will stood as if he hadn't been punched at all and pushed the gate shut on Tom's face.

"I am so sorry." I couldn't stop my hand from coming over my face.

"It is ok, if I was in his shoes I could have done the same thing."

"Who was it? " Chris came out looking curious and lost.

" It was Tom, Lakke's da.."

"He punched Will, we need to look at that." tears were still stinging my eyes and if we continue with the same topic they might just fall afresh.

"He did what? We need to report this."

"No need for that, he was just being a dad." Will pulled me into a tight hug.

"How did he know where you were?"

"He is gone now Chris and I think he got the memo for now. Lets continue with supper."

ALMOST A  MISSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें