CHAPTER 2

Remember comment
The sun was streaming in the room threatening to melt my eyelids if I didn't wake up. I took my phone from the stand that and it was 7:00, seven in the morning, what the hell. I drugged myself out of bed and into the bathroom to empty out my bladder. There were folded towel on the towel holder, who had those. My bathroom was pretty much empty except for some flip-flops and towels. I need to go shopping. I bet the money I have will get me some toothbrush and paste, nothing much.
I changed into a tee and shorts and I made my way downstairs to what I can remember as the sitting room, I found Cindy on her laptop taking some tea, I think.

"Good morning," I made my signature try to be polite forced smile that I have been doing lately. She returned with the hugest smile ever. I really don't like her. "Where is Tom, I need to go shopping for some toiletries."

"Tom is already off to work but I can take you, what time do you want to go?"

She shut her computer and was up pouring herself another cup of tea, yeah definitely tea.

"Can we leave now? I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

"Sure, just let me finish sending an email and we'll go, just go and get the list."

A list, I don't need a list, I just want a freaking tooth brush. I turned and entered the kitchen to find a lady on the stove, cooking and since my new life was like a movie this was scene one, meet the only person that I will be comfortable talking to in this house.

"Hi, can I have some water?"

"Hello, Blake right?" she smiled the warmest and most genuine smile I have ever seen, apart from my mothers. "I am Maureen, good to finally meet you; everyone else can't wait to meet you." She handed me a glass of water from the faucet. It is a fancy house with a maid and all so some viral disease is far from my mind right now.

"Everyone? What do you mean every one?" I gave her the glass once I was done.

"The house staff. Mr. Tom has been talking about you ever since they found out you were going to come here. Welcome to Kenya, karibu Kenya." She smiled again before turning back to whatever she was making on the stove; I took that chance to get away from there. I like Maureen but I am not ready to talk to anyone right now. The staff, they have a staff?

"Ready to go?" Cindy's high pitched voice said as I was taking the stairs.

"Yeah, let me just grab some money first."

"Silly you, what are you going to pay for with your money. I will pay for them. Let's go, Maurice has already started the car." She picked her phone and I followed behind her to the car.

"Where to?" Maurice sked when we got strapped in.

"The mall." To Maurice before she turned to me. "So what are you planning on getting?"

"A tooth brush." I pulled my smile again.

"Well I definitely know that's not the only thing we are getting." She punched something on her phone before returning her gaze to the front.
After three huge bags and walking around looking for stuff that made her happy, we finally stopped at the food court for lunch. I can't believe we have been shopping for four hours.

"What do you want to get?" Cindy asked as she pulled her chair opposite mine.

"ahhhm, I don't know can I see the menu?"

She passed me the menu. " I suggest you get the garden salad, they make it so good." She was doing it again, annoying me with that smile of hers. A lean lady,kind of in her late teens walked to us holding a paper and pen. I looked over the menu and I knew what to order.