06: The Junkie

CHAPTER SIX: NOT EDITED

The Junkie. . .

I got a girl pregnant.

I was so stupid! Trying to not believe the nasty rumors about Stacey O'Connor, I chewed on my pencil. The texture of the eraser made me gag in disgust but I still didn't remove it from my mouth. I was too angry to comprehend my actions.

The annoying teacher blabbed on about something I couldn't care any less to listen to. My body craved a joint, to ease my jitters. A sigh fell from my cracked lips as I raised my hand.

"Yes, Samuel?" Mrs. Thomas asked when she noticed my arm waving in the air. Her dull blue eyes stared into mine, an uninterested look settled within them.

"May I go to the bathroom?"

"Make it quick." She said, and turned back to the board.

Smirking at her response, I gathered my things and went out of the dusty room. She knew that I would be gone for the rest of class, but I guess she grew accustomed to my daily actions that she didn't feel the need to stop me.

The hallway was quiet as I ventured passed the rows of lockers. My book bag swayed to the side as it lazily hung off my bony shoulder. My feet clad boots squeaked against the floor, irritating my ears.

I pulled out my phone from the back pocket of my jeans. It was currently 10:32 AM and I had 2 messages. Opening up the device, I clicked on the first one.

[Jesse]: The new shipment just came. Come pick it up after school.

Another smirk grew across my lips. It was about damn time they came in.

[Samantha]: Meet me by the stairs.

That text was sent 3 minutes ago. I shoved my phone back into my pocket and picked up my pace. I had been waiting for long to get a response from her.

When I arrived at the spot she told me to go, I looked around the corner. There stood Samantha O'Connor with a cigarette perched between her slender fingers. She looked at me with her green eyes, ones similar to her sister's.

"You know you can't smoke in here, right?" I said playfully, dropping my bag to the ground. My body maneuvered so that I was facing her from the opposite side of the wall.

She took another drag before handing me the cigarette. "You came here to talk about my sister, not lecture me on smoking."

Chuckling, I placed it in my mouth. My body hummed as the familiar feeling settled within my lungs. "About Stacey, do you know exactly what happened?"

Samantha's head shook. I watched her makeup covered eyes blink. "I just heard she was pregnant."

"She didn't tell you?"

Laughing, she took the cigarette back from my grasp. "Hell no. We're not even that close, why would she inform me on anything?"

"True," my voice got quieter as I nodded my head. Samantha looked emotionally hurt at her and my words. I bit my lip. "Sorry."