Better Dayz: Chapter 18 (Part 1)

Tia Point of View

I been doing good lately. I can finally say I'm comfortable with my situation. I finished my online classes and some of my training, I have to go back when I get time to become an RN. I took a fast track course and now I work in a hospital downtown Chicago. I do light work since I still have to go back to school. I'm only an LPN.

I wanna go back and become a registered nurse but I don't actually have any time with Stink. I love my baby so I guess I have to sacrifice.

I moved outta my mama house and moved into the second floor of a three flat. I still live over east except I stay on 78th and Colfax. I didn't wanna move far away but I wanted to be more independent.

Tiara is three and a hot ass mess. Like she don't know how to act. She is sooooo mean. She acts just like her auntie it's a shame.

Today is my 21st birthday. I didn't wanna do nothing special, but Shay and this girl from my job named Erica want me to come out. So Ima go. Maybe it's gone take my mind off a lot of shit.

When I woke up I checked my phone. I had so many people telling me happy birthday. Between people I actually know and Herb fans. They love me more than they love his yellow ass.

But one post stood out to me. It was from Herb.

Nolimitherbo: I KNO I AINT THE FIRST BUT I KNO I AINT THE LAST. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY REAL FAVORITE BABY MOMMA. @TIAandTIARA 😘 WE DONE BEEN THROUGH EVERYTHING TOGETHA. I BEEN STABBED, PUNCHED, KICKED ALLAT SHIT. MAN SHORTY HATE MY ASS BUT IMA FOREVA ROCK WITH HA. 😋 EVERYBODY WISH LIL TIA AMOUR A HAPPY BDAY ❤️

It was a bunch of fans tellin me happy birthday. I can't lie Herb post made me smile and feel some type of way, but I ain't wanna tell him that. Ima always have a soft spot for the kid even though he hurt me to the core.

TIAandTIARA: Thank you sir 😘

Nolimitherbo: HML REAL QUICK @TIAandTIARA

TIAandTIARA: k

I lied. I'm not finna hit his line. Fuck I look like. He betta hit my line first. This ain't that.

I read and replied to everybody else posts and texts and stuff. I walked in Stink room and she was still sleeping.

I let her stay sleep as long as I could. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Then I started cookin breakfast for the two of us. While I waited I scrolled down my Twitter.

"Mommy!" I heard Stink callin me.

"Huh?" I answered.

After a while she came in the kitchen rubbin her eyes and lookin confused.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"King." She said tryna climb in the chair.

"What about him?" I asked.

"I want my brotha." She said.

"He at home." I said fixing our food.

"Call Tete Shay." She said pickin up my phone.

"Tell Siri." I laughed.

"Call Tete Shay." She said to the phone.

Calling Shay

Stink put the phone on speaker but still had it up to her ear.

"Hello?" Shay said into the phone.

"Hello." Stink said with her cute lil voice.