Better Dayz: Chapter 12

H- Money Point of View

DiShaunna called me on FaceTime. I haven't talked to her in a while. So I was happy to see her name on my screen.

"Hey." I said when I answered.

"Hey. Whatchu been on?" She asked.

"Nothin. School, home, Stink. What about you?" I asked. 

"Oooh how Stink doin?" She asked.

"She good." I laughed at how excited she got.

"She know how to walk yet?" She asked.

"Not yet. She only eleven months." I laughed.

"Dang. That was fast." She said.

"I know. Maybe cause she was a premie." I said.

"True." She said.

"What you been on? You like it out there?" I asked.

"No. It's nothin like Chicago. These west coast bitches so lame g. They would neva last where we from." She said. 

"How they act?" I asked.

"They be a proper and uppity and shit. Like bitch loosen up. Ion know. Maybe it's just me." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Girl you just too hood for them." I said laughin.

"No. All they do is talk shit. But nobody ever throws a punch. Like howwwwwww."

"Don't be down there fightin nobody kids." I said serious.

"No fr tho. I almost slapped this lil boy yesterday at school. He thought I was finna go for his ass. If yo pants tighter than mine we got a problem." She said serious.

"Yeah. I hate how the boys over there dress." I said agreein.

"So what's been going on with you and Davion?" She asked.

"We good I guess." I said.

"What's wrong? His sister still don't like you?" She asked.

"No his family loves me. Like legit love me." I said.

"Well what's wrong?" She asked.

"It's just hard dating a athlete. He be busy all the time. But other than that it's no problem. But his one friend Tj be gettin on my nerves. James still cool. But ion wanna get real close to him cause I feel like his loyalty always gone be with D if somethin happen." I said ventin.

"You just wanna be under him all the time. But yeah Tj been irritatin since we was little. Remember he use to stay comin ona nine messin with us." She said.

"I know. Then when we go on Colfax he a come over Keke house." I said reminiscin.

"Ok. Bestfriend forget allat. I called you for a reason." She said smilin real hard.

"What? Yo ugly ass found a boyfriend?" I asked.

"Bitch you got me fucked up. I could have any nigga I want." I rolled my eyes.

That's true. She could have any boy she wanted. Bestfriend so gorgeous. But she was always book smart and street smart. She was focused on school all the time. She turned down a bunch of boys. But she let her guard down for Herb, and you see where that got her. 😒

"Anyways. What you want?" I said laughin.

"I'm coming home for your prom." She said.

"Really?" I asked.