"Susie"

I ran into the kitchen and gave Sam a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you," I said as I quickly left.

I walked out to where Robert had brought his car around to. He was driving an Audi r8, like the one he used in the first Iron Man.

"Nice huh?"

"It's beautiful." I examined the car in utter disbelief.

"It looks better on the inside," Robert was leaned up against the drivers side and was ushering me to hop in. He was smiling.

Ugh, that smile.

"Oh. Right. Haha."

I hopped in the car and he was right.

The interior was stunning. I clicked in my seatbelt and we drove off.

The ride was smooth, the engine running like it was apart of the wind.

I leant my head back, closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

I could feel Roberts eyes looking over at me.

I smiled. "What?"

"What do you mean what?" I could hear the smile in Roberts voice.

"Stop looking at me." I said cheekily.

"And if I don't want to?"

"Well, then we'll probably crash."

I heard Robert laugh, and I opened my eyes to see his head turn to face the road.

"Why do I feel like I've known you longer than I really have Kenna?" He questioned, his voice genuine and inquisitive.

"Maybe it's because we spilled our whole life stories to one another last night?" I smirked.

"Right." I could see him grinning through the corner of my eyes as he licked his lips.

"What happened before we started spilling out our own personal autobiographies last night? I can't remember?"

I could tell where he was going with this and he was always such a tease, so I decided to turn up the heat.

His grin widening, but he kept his eyes focused on the road.

"Before we talked?" I replied calmly, "uhm, you yelled at me."

"Before that." He urged, his eagerness seeping through and a seductive smile sprawled across his face.

"Let me think-" before I could say or do anything Robert had pulled over to the side of the road un-buckled his seat-belt and leaned over to me. He was millimetres away from my neck, his warm breath gave me goosebumps as he kissed up my neck, with his soft lips and to my ear. He whispered, "something like this?"

Roberts hand slowly moved onto my thigh and up my skirt and stopped just before my groin. He kissed back down my neck and up to my ear again then whispered, "but it stopped there right?"

He fell back into his seat, clicked in his belt and continued to drive like nothing had happened.

"Something like that." I exclaimed, trying to play it cool, whilst I fixed my skirt.

With a grin across his face and a lick of the lips, he focused on the road ahead.

We pulled up into his drive way, but didn't park the car into the garage as there was another car that Robert clearly didn't recognise parked out the front.

I turned to him and his eyebrows arched up.

The lights were on in his house.

"What the-"

Just as Robert opened his car door, shut it and took a step away from the car, Susan opened the front door crashing out with 3 suitcases piled on top of one another and what looked like to be more piled behind her in the door way.

"Susie-" the relief and anguish in his voice, like a little child who had just found their mum after being lost in the shopping centre.

Robert ran towards Susan.

I slumped in the car trying to stay hidden.

I heard them screaming and yelling, at one point I heard a huge cracking sound. "What the fuck is happening!?" I said to myself.

Luckily the windows were tinted, but I didn't dare look through, just incase I was seen.

Footsteps drew closer to the car and all I heard was "ROBERT, IT'S OVER!"

The steps with drawled and I saw the silhouette of a woman, with suitcase after suitcase fill the back seat of her car which was parked in front of Roberts. After slamming the door, the car reversed onto a beautiful rose garden, crushing all of them, then drove off around the car I was slouched down in.

I peeped out the back window, head still down, and waited for the car to be clear out of sight.

When it was, I jumped out of the car as quick as I could and fumbled, falling to the ground but quickly regained my footing.

I ran to Robert, who had a large hand print on his face, that must have been the cracking sound.

He was in a heap on the ground, sitting on his knees. His head faced the ground, his shoulders slumped.

Robert slowly brought his hands up to his face and cried.

I held him, he tried to push me away, but I stayed by him, holding him firmly in my arms. I may be little, but I was strong.

A decent amount of time had gone by.

"Robert, lets go inside, it's cold out."

I stood up and grabbed his hand, he quickly escaped my release and helped himself up.

Slowly but surely we made it to the front door, Robert walked in and I followed.

I shut the door behind me gently and walked to the kitchen bench.

"You're welcome to stay the night if you want." Robert panted in between sobs. His voice so sincere, and out of breath.

"I wouldn't leave you at a time like this."

I answered back. As I walked to Robert to give him a tight hug, he pulled away, and I understood.

He looked down at his feet, as tears dropped to the floor.

"Do you mind if I sleep on my own tonight? I mean, I know this was supposed to be a slumber party and all, but now I'm just not up for it."

He sniffed and snorted as he wiped the tears away from his eyes, still looking at the ground.

"Oh Robert. You know of all people I understand your situation."

"Look," I edged closer to him and lifted his chin, whilst wiping the tears away from his eyes. His eyes lifted and made me choke up. The look in his eyes full of depression, remorse, hatred. I looked into his eyes, and he looked into mine, my voice a little croaky, "I'll tuck you into bed and I'll be on the sofa if you need me if you need to talk. Okay?"

He nodded.

I grabbed his hand and walked him to his room, he shuffled behind me, his head still hanging low.

I took his checkered shirt off and shoes, grabbed the aviators from his shirt where he had tucked them, and issued him to go beneath the covers.

He did so, and I tucked him in.

Slowly but surely he closed his eyes, tears still streaming down his cheeks and onto his pillow.

I wiped away as many as I could and knew now was the time for me to let him be.

"You know where I'll be Rob," I slowly walked to the double door and quietly shut it behind me.

I walked down the hall, turned off all the lights and crashed on the sofa, falling into a light sleep straight away, thinking about the nights events.