"Into the cafe"

Robert couldn't stop laughing, neither could I, and just as I thought this moment couldn't get any more outrageous, Phil walked through the double doors that lead from the back where the bins are to the kitchen.

He walked in calmly, humming a song to himself and eating a donut, holding a newspaper and scanning across the words.

"Hey Sa-"

Phil looked up and noticed I was in hysterics, he looked to my left and there he saw Robert.

Robert just looked at Phil.

"Hi," he said calmly, with his eyebrows cocked, he held out his hand, "I'm Robert."

His gentle smile and eyes never leaving Phil's shocked gaze.

Phil dropped his donut and newspaper, his cheeks became flustered and he started opening his mouth, but nothing would come out.

"I can't take this anymore!" I was losing it, this was probably THE funniest thing that had ever happened in my life.

I leant against one of the benches and began crying of laughter.

My hands were clenched on my stomach as I leant over in absolute hysterics.

Sandy nudged me and I looked up, tears streamed from eyes from immense laughter.

"You sneaky minx!"

We both laughed and eventually stopped.

I don't think I'd laughed that hard ever.

"Are you's done?" Phil questioned, with an un-easy crackle in his voice.

I had the giggles and giggled out eventually, "yeah, I think I'm right."

Robert looked at me and spoke, "you're an absolute nutcase." He smiled softly and his strong gaze made me stop giggling.

"Phil this is-"

"Kenna I know who it is, I just. What is he, in, Kenna, why?"

"Calm down Phil!" I urged, the giggles setting back in.

Phil left the kitchen and apologised to customers saying that the cafe was now closed. People who were not served but brought a meal, were given back their money and left in a huff.

He strutted back into the kitchen half an hour later with his hands on his hips.

By that time Sam and Sandy were comfortable with Robert.

Still a little starstruck. But comfortable.

"Come into the cafe guys." Phil said with a huge smile across his face.

We all sat down in a clean booth, Robert hopped in the booth first, I followed after him and Sandy followed after me.

Phil and Sam sat across from us.

"Well." Phil said.

"Well what?" I replied with a huge smile across my face, the giggles creeping their way back.

"How did you, Kenna Abaworthy," Phil pointed at me with his whole hand, "meet you, Robert Downey?" Moving his gesture to Robert.

Robert and I looked at each other and laughed.

"You say." I prompted.

He chuckled. "Alright....well..."

We all talked for hours, how I got onto his property, how he let me in.

My side of the story, well, what I remembered, and Roberts side.

We shared stories amongst one another, it was just a ball. It was...nice.

I looked at Robert as he laughed at one of Phil's lame dad jokes.

The wrinkles near his eyes when he smiled and the ones that ran up the sides of his cheeks. His teeth so perfect and straight, the grey wisps at his temples and his mixed coloured beard.

He was rather good looking for a man of his age I thought.

How old is he? Like late 30's?

I mean, I had a crush on him when I was young, but it soon subsided. Is that little girl crush coming back? How embarrassing.

My cheeks started to turn red when Robert turned and noticed I was looking at him, I smiled flirtatiously and he smiled cool, calm, and collectively back.

"You tease." I thought.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"44." His bottom lip and head drooped, and he let out a snigger.

"What!? I thought you were in your 30's!?"

"Well. In that case. I'm 37."

He winked at me and bit his lip, everyone laughed and his lip bite turned into a typical Downey grin.

Phil looked at the watch on his wrist.

"Jeesh. It's 10! Where did the time go?"

"Time flies when you're having fun." Robert answered back with a giggle and a cute smile spread across his face.

Everyone stood up, and slid out of the booth.

"It was a pleasure to meet you Robert." Phil stuck out his hand, Robert grabbed Phil's hand, shook it and replied "The pleasure was all mine. Really."

He smiled and gave Sam a firm handshake and Sandy a hug.

Such a flirt.

"See yah Rob."

"Oh we're giving nicknames now?" He joked around, his eyes fixated on mine, and mine on his. I could see that burning passion in his eyes again.

"Nah. I'm just lazy. Here's my number, call me tomorrow."

I grabbed Roberts phone and dialled my number in, took a selfie and set it as my caller ID photo.

He laughed, "Sounds good," and he walked out the door.

"I'll see you back at home alright, I'll just help Sam with these dishes." I said to Sandy.

"No you won't," she replied back with a cheeky grin and winked at me then waltzed her way out the door.

I began to grab plates from the tables, "what?" I thought to myself and shook my head.

When suddenly Sam cocked up his voice, "what do you think you're doing?"

He looked at me with a smug look on his face, "you have someone waiting," he continued.

"Sandy's alright, I said I'd meet her back home."

"C'mon Kenna. You have someone waiting." Sam put extra emphasis on the word 'someone.'

As I turned around Robert was standing at the door.

"Don't worry. I got the dishes sweets, you go have fun." Sam yelled from the kitchen as he smiled and winked.

"Slumber party?" Robert was leaned up against the frame of the door, his arms crossed against his chest and that typical grin of his sprawled across his face.