(02) - Two Weeks

| The All Knowing |

Elena jumped up to the woman's rescue as she was abruptly pushed back and almost fell over the table, shouts were heard as she helped steady her. As soon as the woman was stable she yanked herself away from Elena's kind gesture and the shouting continued, everyone's voices toppling over one another as she stood in a state of surprise. Everyone was seemingly infuriated, Jake's face remained stoic as he examined her reaction.

Previously, she had marvelled at the public display of affection that took place, she wasn't jealous - after all, she had no reason to be infuriated by the scene. Instead, Elena's mind bubbled with the thought of freedom and not having to marry someone whose heart was taken by a red haired, promiscuous woman. But what shocked her the most were everyone's extreme responses to the situation.

"That's enough!" Elena shouted and everyone halted. Time moved slowly after that, there were a whole group of people in the room but Elena's eyes were focussed on the red haired temptress that sat beside him scowling. She was the definition of seduction with her silky locks and sun kissed skin but she stunk of envy.

"Isabelle, leave." A sudden stern voice echoed throughout the tense room causing even Jake to stand still. The authority seeped through the air and infested the lungs of those around. Elena's eyes had instantly locked with the ageing man that had entered the room; his grey hair in a neat array upon his head, wrinkles adorning the features of his face and lips that were set in a hard line. But what stood out most were the mocha coloured orbs that pierced her with a scrutinizing gaze.

"Mr Carter," a petrified, unsuspecting voice gasped which undoubtedly belonged to Isabelle. Elena and Charlotte's eyes had widened considerably at the reaction.

"The Godfather," Elena heard her best friend whisper in awe as Jeremy's father, James Roberto Carter, stare flickered towards the display besides him.

"You should know not to kiss a married man Isabelle." He addressed and it was evident that everyone in the room feared this man, even his own flesh and blood but evidently Elena had not figured that out yet.

"I am honestly not bothered Mr Carter." Elena informed and finally decided to peer at James' grandson who sat rigidly upon the leather couch, a cold sentiment radiating off his honeycomb orbs. "She can marry him if she wants; I am not a home wrecker." The atmosphere immediately thickened at her response.

"Call me Roberto," he cleared his throat and requested the use of his middle name which she assumed was commonly used to address him. A few gasps broke out in the room and left Elena slightly baffled, did she miss something? "And Miss De Angelis, your opinion is not required in such circumstances." He stated firmly.

"Please, call me Elena." She smirked in a somewhat mocking manner before standing to her feet. "I will also have you know, that my opinion is highly relevant."

"I am not quite sure you know who you are talking to, Elena," he scowled at her courageous and unafraid reaction that he wasn't used to. The majority of people would shrink under his sharp gaze and cringe at his uncompromising voice.

"I am almost certain that I am no longer talking to you;" Elena concluded, she wasn't attempting to sound rude and she just hoped he would understand this. "Do you love him?" Elena asked Isabelle Calidori curiously, taking matters into her own hands. Although, her mother tried to pull at her blazer, Elena firmly ignored the gestures.

"Yes, I do." Her green eyes were wide as she answered without hesitation and all James Carter could do was speculate inquisitively.

"Do you love her?" Elena locked her gaze with a shocked Jake. Jake simply glided his tongue over his pink lips before a smirk was plastered on his face, he was sure of his answer.

"I'm marrying you." His husky voice answered before squinting slightly, taking in every feature of the girl that stood before him.

"That didn't answer my question," Elena seethed in annoyance.

"No, I do not love her." He broke into a grin before watching Elena's shoulders drop at the unanticipated answer and he merely sunk into the couch in triumph.

"You don't?" Both Isabelle and Elena howled in pure confusion.

"You may leave Isabelle." The Godfather instructed.

"Jake you love me!" The heart broken girl pouted in displeasure, completely ignoring the old man's words. Whereas Elena sat despondently and stared at Jake who mirrored her stare, it was as if they were trying to solve each other in a matter of minutes.

"Let me rephrase that, you will leave Miss Calidori." And never in her whole existence of twenty-three years had Elena seen a girl exit a room so fast. Though, Isabelle knew that if she didn't leave that things would turn brutal, after all he addressed her as Miss Calidori and that meant one thing, there would be consequences.

"It was about time she left," Alison grinned.

"Jake sit next to Elena," Jeremy instructed and Charlotte quickly jumped to her feet and scampered towards Alessandra De Angelis in a surge of fear at the harsh voice. As Jake stridently moved towards her, his gaze never faltered. He took a seat, his shoulders and knees brushing against her body causing an electric buzz to progress through the unwary pair.

"How are you Elena?" Jake smiled almost innocently at the irate girl who stared calmly ahead instead of facing the handsome man besides her.

"I am good thanks," Elena snapped before scooting further away from him.

"They are so adorable." Alison cooed in awe clearly finding the state of affairs cute.

"It reminds me of when they were little." Elena's mother joined in and Elena heard the throaty chuckle of Jake besides her.

"It's not funny." Elena grimaced, abruptly turning her head to look at him. Her breath hitched as she acknowledged his features, his defined jawbone and glittering orbs, an array of golden locks scattered on his scalp.

"Cat got your tongue?" Jake ridiculed noticing her speechless expression.

"No," a light pink tainted her cheeks whilst she crossed her arms in a similar way to a defiant child. Jake, however, acknowledged the cleavage that appeared in the strapless dress as she unknowingly pushed her chest up.

"Jake, don't tease the girl." His grandfather defended her.

Jake ignored his voice and instead he took the time to appreciate the long brown, almost black curls that cascaded down her back and her twinkling eyes. He absorbed her visage and her full, pink lips and defined nose. She wore minimal make up and still her features were radiant and he had a peculiar urge to just reach out and kiss her.

"Stop staring at me." She sighed and let her shoulders fall a little more whilst everyone was immersed in conversation that he was oblivious to.

However, Jake had made a decision he was sure of and he knew he wouldn't regret it after today's display and surveillance. He let his eyes linger on her for a few more seconds before finally speaking and his tone was cool and crisp, almost daring someone to defy his statement.

"The wedding will be in two weeks."