I took a few quick strides to close the space between us, got on tiptoes and threw my arms around his neck. Before I could change my mind, I pressed my lips upon his and kissed him good and hard. He gasped, his arms encircling my waist. Before either of us could get carried away though – and trust me, there was a fair chance that might happen – I pulled away and returned to my former spot.

“I can assure you that was all me,” I told him with a little smile. “So, now you’ve been kissed without having to wonder about your powers being the reason, will you let me help you?”

Before I could even do so much as blink, he was right in front of me, his hands drawing my face close to his. “You really shouldn’t have done that,” he whispered right before the full power of his mind control hit me and my mind got all fuzzy. He pressed his cold lips onto mine and I didn’t have the strength to fight it. Before I knew what was happening, we were kissing fiercely, both of us not even thinking about pulling back. But when he pressed his entire body against mine and tried to push me down on the table, I came to some of my senses.

“Let go of me,” I begged weakly. “Eros…”

His hand moved to the place where the zipper of the dress was – he knew the place a little too well. “I’m glad I bought you this dress,” he murmured huskily. “Easy to take off.” His other hand was already making its way down to his pants, trying to open up his expensive leather belt.

“You promised me,” I said feebly, trying to hold off the mind control as best as I could. “You promised me you wouldn’t use it on me again.”

“I know.” I could feel Eros’ hands trembling against my skin. “But you are making it really hard for me to keep my promise.”

“What will you tell yourself when you wake up tomorrow and realize you forced me into this?” I said, trying to sound reasonable instead of scared and lonely, which was exactly how I felt. “And you do realize I won’t ever talk to you or even look at you again, right?”

Eros took a deep, shaky breath. His skin looked even paler than usual and he was truly shaking now. “I don’t know, I don’t know… I can’t… I can’t stop it.” His right hand was moving slowly down from my back to the place where the zipper was. “I…”

“Eros…” I said weakly. “In just a few moments, my free will is going to be overruled by your power… You don’t want to do this. You are weird and scary at times, but you are a good person.”

“I can’t…”

“Yes, you can,” I argued more forcefully, feeling some of the pressure on my mind lift. “Just step back. Let go off me.”

He withdrew his hands with difficulty and took a carefully measured step back. He was still way too close, but not nearly as close as before. I smiled encouragingly at him, but my smile turned into a grimace when I looked at his face. He might not be holding me by force anymore, but his eyes were still smoldering, still full of desire and persuasion. Just looking into them for one second was enough for me to feel the fog settling again and to take a step toward him.

One step was enough to make our bodies touch and for his barely existing self-control to shatter into a million pieces: I’d dug my own grave.

His arms went all around me now, pressing me tight against his chest. I took in his wonderful smell, disappearing willingly into it. I found myself unable to think clearly and although I knew it was the last thing I should do, I raised my head and pressed my lips onto his.

In the blink of an eye, he was at the other side of the room, sitting against the wall with his arms around his knees. I sunk down on the floor as well, breathing heavily and trying to figure out what had happened just now. My brain felt like it was melting. Nothing made sense to me anymore.