Chapter 26

Liam's POV

"I just don't know if I can do it, be with him I mean. Things might get messy and it would ruin our friendship and if that happens the whole band could fall apart and I don't know if I can take the pressure of it all. We would have to keep it a secret and it's hard enough as it is to have any personal space and if we did tell the public, I don't think I would be able to take all the hate and the pressure of it all. I just don't know if it's what I want." I explained. This thing with me and Zayn, it’s complicated. I told him to wait for me and he was alright with it but now thinking everything over I just don't know if it's the right thing for us to be anything more than friends. I like Zayn, more than just a friend but I don’t know if I like him the amount he likes me. If I spend more time with him my feelings could develop but what if they don’t. I was pacing up and down the room, tugging on my hair. Why does everything have to be so confusing? I didn't even think I was anything but straight 2 weeks ago.  

"Liam, calm down and sit." She said kindly. I did as she said and sat next to her on the bed. She took my hands in her own and looked at me intently. "Now just stop freaking out for a moment will you." She said with a laugh. "I know you and I know that this thing with Zayn, this thing with Zayn isn't just a 'thing', it's more than that. I know you're scared and worried that things could go wrong but you have to stop thinking about what could go wrong and start thinking about what could go right and how being with Zayn can be the best thing that has happened to you. And I know from experience when you love someone and I know you love Zayn. You can either try and be happy with him or watch him fade from your reach because even though he said he would, he won't wait forever Li." Danielle smiled softy at me after those words left her mouth. There were tears threatening to escape her eyes but she stayed strong.

"I'm such a bad person Dani. I'm talking to you about all of this and I broke up with you not even a week ago. I know you are the kindest girl ever but you shouldn't have to listen to me, especially about this whole Zayn thing. I'm sorry." I feel so guilty. I broke up with Danielle a few days ago and explained to her about the kiss with Zayn and she took it really well, which made me feel even worse and today she calls me up, asking if we could hang out as friends because though we broke up we are going to remain friends and now I'm blabbering on about Zayn.

"Are you serious Liam? If I didn’t want to help you with this situation then I wouldn't be! And though it's hard for me, I want you to be happy as much as I am. You are an amazing guy and if you don't see that you and Zayn are meant to be then you are just crazy." She smiled.

"You are amazing, you know that? I never deserved you. Some guy is going to be very lucky when they get you as a girlfriend." I told her truthfully. She smiled, leaning in and kissing my cheek.

"Thank you. Now enough about me." She said sternly. I rolled my eyes at her.

"But how do you know- you know, with Zayn? Right now he isn't talking to me because- well, I don't know but I don’t think he wants to anytime soon. He leaves when I come in the room. I don't blame him though" I said.

"Because I can see it in your eyes, even before any of this happened, the glint and sparkle in your eyes when you speak about him or spoke to him. You speak about him as if you would do anything for him and I know you would and not just because he’s your best friend. And Zayn, well he will definitely want to talk to you once he hears what you have to say you him" I took in her words. Zayn really does mean a lot to me, he always has.

"Thanks Dani. I love you, always have and always will." I whispered.

"I love you too Liam, always have and always will." She whispered back. "Now go get him tiger! Before he starts going for Louis." She laughed.