04 | kindergarden crush

"Hi my name is Newt. I'm seventeen years old and I like to read a lot." He introduces himself to my group. Some of the other boys start to snicker at him and I give them a glare.

"Welcome Newt," I say as I smile at him. "I'm Alexia, this is Lucy, and Mark, and Josh, and Frank and Margaret. This is Sonya and Harriet."

"Hi!" They all say in unison. He smiles and sits down.

After the group meeting was done. I stayed behind to clean everything up. Since I was made the captain of the yearbook club, or whatever, I had to make sure everything was neat and tidy. I turn around and there was Newt.

"Can I help you with something?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah, actually." He says as he scratches he's back. "I don't think you remember me, but I remember you." He steps forward then. "We were in kindergarten together."

I look at him and knit my eyebrows. "Doesn't ring a bell. Sorry."

"I was the kid who coloured your hair with paint." He says as he smiles. Then I remember him.

"You bloody idiot. It took me weeks to get that off!" I say as I punch him on the arm.

"So you do remember me?" He says.

"Yeah. I do." I turn round then because in fact I had recognized him the moment he came into the room. I used to have a massive crush on him in kindergarten to high school. Obviously I wasn't going to tell him that.

"Okay, then I just want to say hi." He says. I turn to face him then and smile.

"Is that all?" I ask. He scratches his hair and nods. "Okay then, Hi!"

"Okay, here's the thing. I haven't stopped thinking about since I saw you running down my house and this may seem weird, but..." I smile to the fact that he is playing with his hands and seems to be so nervous. "But I was wondering if you would like to get to know each other. Better."

"Are you asking me on a date?" I ask as I cross my arms.

"Uh...yeah." He glances at me nervously. "That is, if you want...to...go..."

"Sure." I say as I pick up my stuff and start walking.

"Seriously?!" He says.

"Sure, why not?" I smile and punch him in the arm.

[I know this wasn't as good, sorry! But anyway can you imagine Newt all nervous and stuff?! Ahh!!]