22 | years later

Newts perspective:

I saw you walking down the halls today. You seemed happy. I guess that's good.

But I know you better. Right a the tips of your eyes there was a tear. Of course hidden for anyone who doesn't know you. But I know you. So I saw it.

Your perspective:

You were leaning against the wall.

Your perfect sandy blonde hair shining with the light of the sun. You seemed sad though. But then again, I was feeling like that too.

I guess you know what happened. It seemed like you were the only one who did.

Newts perspective:

Your eyes met mine and I thought I saw a flicker of something cross it. But I'm wrong, because right after you went and kissed him.

Your perspective:

As much as I try to show you, you never catch the clues. So I went straight to him, pressing my lips against his although all I want to do is press them against yours.

Newts perspective:

I ignored you the rest of the day.

You seemed like you didn't want to talk to me.

Your perspective:

You ignored me the rest of the day.

Seriously Newt, you must be the most clueless guy on this planet. If it weren't for me coming up to you after band practice you would have never even thought of it.

Newts perspective:

You came after band to my locker. Your beautiful eyes looking at me. I thought it might've been a joke, but it wasn't.

So when you told me that you wanted to study with me, I was shocked. You're one of the and smartest people on the planet.

But I agreed, because you're a good actress.

Your perspective:

When you came to pick me up, I was nervous.

You may not have known this, but this was a date. After all, I wasn't dating anyone. The reason I kissed him was you make you jealous.

Newts perspective:

You looked so beautiful with your ripped jeans and a t-shirt. Your bright smile making me more nervous than I already was, because you may have known this, but I thought this was a date.

Both of you:

And now, here we are many years later.

Sitting reading these notes to each other, and writing the last one together.

I love you Newt, I always will.

And I love you. I always—

~
Well that was a crucial ending huh?