BLACK Chapter 45: the ending*

Song: Big Girls Cry - SIA
If I Could Fly - One Direction
Send My Love (to your new lover) - Adele

BLACK Chapter 45: the ending of a different beginning.

Quote: "There is something delicious about writing the first words to a story. You never quite know where they'll take you."  - Beatrix Potter.

(A/N: This quote means so much to me and the journey I have taken with every single one of you guys. Thank you for allowing me to write and express my thoughts through both Harry (Harold) and Amelia. I have not only gained so many friends doing so, but the love you guys share for this story is beyond incredible. Thank you for that. Thank you for reading and voting and everything in between.   - Nes 💗)

*3 months later*

When you drop a glass or a plate to the ground, it makes a loud crashing sound. When a window shatters, a table leg breaks, or when a picture falls off the wall, it makes a noise. But as for your heart, when that breaks--it is completely silent. You would think as it is so important, it would make the loudest noise in the whole world or even have some sort of ceremonious sound like the gong of a cymbal or the ringing of a bell. But it is silent and you almost wish there was a noise to distract you from the pain.

If there is a noise, it is internal. It screams, it screams so loud that no one can hear, no one can hear it but you. It screams so loud, your ears begin to ring and your head starts to ache from the pressure.
It trashes around in your chest like a great white shark caught in the sea, it roars like a mother bear whose cub has been taken.
That is what it looks like and that is what it sounds like a trashing, panicking, trapped great, big beast roaring like a prisoner to its own emotions.
But that is the thing about love, no one is untouchable. Even the untouchable is touched through their knots.

Amelia's Thoughts:
Living with Harry has been the most hectic, dramatic and beautiful experience I could ever imagine. The last three months have been filled with excitement, love and horror. And oddly enough the messages have stopped. They haven't been coming for a very long time. I don't even remember the last time I had opened an unknown receiving text.

Harrys' hallucinations grew, they escalated rather quickly than I would have imagined. He started seeing things, shadows moving against the walls. When Harry began speaking to himself again, I got a little worried. His words were always cut off by awkward hand gestures he did to himself. Lauren didn't understand what he was speaking of or who.

She just told me he was stressed from work. He had been working on the case of the missing girls across town. And it started to get to his head. She told me he was fine. I believed her. And that was an awful thing to do.

Until one night Harry didn't recognize who I was. I walked into his study room and he was sitting on the floor like a child missing his toys. He had his hands to himself, picking at the skin around his nails until there was nothing there but the blood prickling from the tips of his fingers. His hair was a flying mess and he was bitting on the inside of his cheek.

"Who are you?" Harry asked after the laughter had stopped to himself. I stare at him in confusion, turning to look behind me but no one was there. He was only staring at me. "I asked you a question." He said again, his eyes dilated.
"H-harry. It's me. Ame-"

"Who are you?" He repeated the question this time much louder and an unwelcomed chill ran to my neck. "Harry." I call him out but there was no motion to a physical response. "Get out." His voice repeated the words I hated more than anything in the world.