BLACK Chapter 14

BLACK CHAPTER 14

Hs' THOUGHTS:

My body slipped from its unconscious state into a more settled and awake one. I could already feel the amount of sweat combining beneath the surface of my heated skin as my eyelids firmly took place between there designated sockets. I clicked the home button to my phone and the digital clocked appeared reading the time printed across the screen. It was too late to be wide in focus, but my mind couldn't drift into its natural sleep mode.

It felt as if the air around me was not enough for my lungs to absorb, the thick fabric of sheet covering my body provided a thin layer of comfort to my shielded upper body but I needed to discard of this uneasy feeling forming inside the pit of my diaphragm. I could feel her small hands wrapped around my waist, but I didn't bother to move her the to slightest. Not knowing her sleeping patterns - halted my movements from obtaining to release her folded limbs from mine. I do not wish to wake nor disturb her sleeping mind but I was in need of a cold drink.

My eyes shot opened from their diverted matter when her breath cooled the hairs on my jawline. I could feel the heat rising to my face from her untouched gesture which caused me to quickly stand from the bed without realizing what I have done. Looking back to the human in my sheets, thankfully still sound asleep as the small stands of hairs tickle the bridge of her forehead.

Removing myself from the bedroom, I headed towards the restroom besides my opened closet. Amelia's fingerprints rest across the glass cup placed on the top of my dresser and I quickly grab it before clicking the lock to the toilets - providing me with the comfort I need as I fill the empty glass to the end. I shut the faucet closed, placing the cup to the side before opening the side cabinet above the mirror. My fingers find the dark pouch positioned behind the rolled towels, I grab it forcefully and unzip the fabric opened - releasing the bottled prescriptioned treatments required to take.

I pop 3 of the 5 needed doses into my mouth, gulping down the unsettling flavour drawn to my senses. My eyelids drop momentarily and I grip the sides of the sink, adjusting to the new awakening settlement driving to my inner core. The inflamed feeling of having the toxic element settle inside me gives off the impression of a vivid sensation I so fondly unappreciated. My eyes form open and I retrieve the pouch, closing the lid to each orange bottle before adjusting it back to its regular place behind the mount of towels. I lock the cabinet retrieving the image of myself to the mirror opposite of where I stand. The live green that rests between me and the glass is quite disturbing to look at. I'm not in favour of the unbearable side effects nor do I approve of the way my own body reacts to the chemical reaction formed by these horrible substances. But with my condition, I have no choice but to face the fact these intoxicated pharmaceuticals are the only things keeping me sane. With regret to my mistakes, I have no other option but to obtain these medical settings brought upon myself.

I make my way back to the bed, turning the lamp off besides me before sliding back into with the tiny person that has found her way in the mess some call a life. I watch the sight of her as she inhales through her nose, and exhaling the small breaths back out. I can't imagine what it is like it to have a decent sleep take over your mind with drowning yourself in access of bonds to do so. I'm assuming the mind is more relaxed and no dependent. It must feel nice to lay in bed after a long day and letting the body take over the mind instead of the other way around.

Amelia's lips curve slightly, a small pout forming at the base of her lips. My fingers brush themselves across the skin of her mouth as she releases warm breaths on the tips of my knuckles. Her sweet scent fills the insides of my own and I want to be apart of that happiness she so fondly spreads amongst herself. The beautiful creature beneath me, yawns deeply but doesn't let the skin conversing her precious eyes to open. She's still asleep.