#15. Victory Cake

Start from the beginning

"Well that wasn't what we planned on!" I explained. "You just happened to come by while we wanted cake and you just happened to offer to buy the cake for us. This is all just coincidence. "

The boy laughed. "I guess I can't do anything about it now. Nevertheless, I'm happy to pay fir your food so you can have whatever you want." He smiled at started talking to Gon about something I was unaware of.

I turned back to my plate. All I got was a simple strawberry cheesecake, one of my favorites. If I knew Zushi more, I probably would have gotten more cake, but since we just met, I didn't want to take advantage of his generosity.

"Are you sure you want just one cake?" Killua asked. "Because I know you have a big appetite for cake." He said shoving a piece of chocolate cake in his mouth. He bought three double chocolate cakes.

"No, I think I'll hold back for now." I said politely. "I don't want to rob Zushi of his money."

"Okay then" he said dubiously.

Before I knew it my cake was gone. The worst part is, I wanted more but I don't want to be rude. I couldn't help but noticed that Killua still had one cake left.

"Do you want some?" The silver haired boy asked.

Crap... Was I staring?

"N-no, I'm fine" I replied softly.

"Oh come on, you're practically drooling." He smirked.

"I am not!" I felt my cheeks turn a light shade of pink. It seems like I always end up blushing when I'm around Killua. It's weird for me. I usually don't blush and I can just play it cool. Why can't I be cool when I'm around him.

"Here," he scooped a bunch of cake up with his fork. "Open up."

"Huh?"

"Do you want a piece or not?" He asked.

I nodded and followed directions. I felt me cheeks blushing even more. He set the cake in my mouth and I chewed it quietly. He stared at me with this dorky smirk on his face making me blush more.

"I could've fed myself you know," I mumbled. I had to admit, it tasted amazing. One of the best chocolate cakes I ever had.

"Wow they would be a cute couple." I overheard Zushi say in his conversation with Gon.

I almost chocked on my cake. I had no idea that people thought of us as a couple. His words seemed to linger in the air. I was shocked while Killua's cheeks were tinted pink.

"W-what?" I flushed.

Zushi looked at me surprised while Gon was desperately shushing him. "Oh sorry," he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "I didn't know that she wasn't self aware of her relation with Killua."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said a bit agitated. "Are you saying I'm dumb?"

"U-uh n-no!" Zushi stuttered. "I was saying you were oblivious!"

"That didn't help," Gon whispered bluntly.

I was about to roast him, but I was interrupted by Killua shoving more cake into my mouth. His sudden action startled me and as it processed in my brain, I felt my cheeks grow as red as a tomato.

"Just calm down," he said nonchalantly. His cheeks were still a faint shade of pink.

I didn't know how to react. In result, I was at a loss of words and I my stomach turned into butterflies. My face continued to stay red for about 15 minutes and the conversations turned back to normal.

"By the way, how did you get up to the 180th floor on your first try?"

" That's because it wasn't my first try." I explained.

"You mean you've gotten up to the 200th floor before? How old were you?" He asked with his interest peaked.

" Well, I was about 9 years old. My mother took me here for training. But I didn't exactly go up to 200s." I explained.

"Well how far did ya get?"

"I've gotten to the top."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: ^ - ^ I can't stop smiling at this. Honestly I'm really proud and happy with this chapter.
\(////)\

BTW: November 3rd is
Armin Arlert's Birthday
so
Happy Birthday you beautiful blonde coconut!!!!!

Tell me what you think!

Thanks for reading!

❤️(^o^)Peace out!🍉