26.5

Chapter 34

"Kent..."

I was really startled when I saw her standing in front of me. I do not know how to react after seeing the girl you have loved that left you clueless 3 years ago.

What the fvck is she doing here? I can't even reply to her messages because I'm not fvckin' ready yet. But now she's standing right in front of me. What am I gonna do?

"Kent, let's talk..." She said calmly. Her voice was still soft like how it used to be.

And...

And...

And it's tearing my heart. Pain? I don't know. Maybe anger? Or maybe both? She walks forward. Steps closer. She's real, so fvckin' real yet like a dream.

"Carina..." I said coldly and painfully.

"Kent. I'm sorry..." And now she's one foot away from me. Tears rolled down her cheeks while she says 'sorry' over and over.

"I'm so sorry. Please, listen to me..." She says between her hiccups.

She's crying and I hate it. It makes me weak and it happens, I pulled her closer and wrapped my arms around her.

Sh*t! This is so not fvckin' right. Yumi's waiting for me. But I can't leave Carina alone. Not this time.

"Shhh. Okay. We'll talk. Just wait me here." I said. I went inside the locker room again, no one's here already. I grabbed my phone and dialed her number.

And soon as she answered...

"Yumi, you go home first and don't wait for me. I might not go home tonight."

I didn't even bother answer her questions because I can't even answer it honestly. I can't tell her. I just can't.

I hit the end button right away.

"Let's talk somewhere private. Please..." She pleaded then I decided to bring her in my unit.

That's not really a good idea then I think that my car is also a private place to talk.

"Can we just talk inside the car?" I asked as we get into the parking lot.

I was also looking around trying to find for Yumi but I didn't. What if I saw her? Will that change the fact that I'm with Carina at this moment? That I was supposed to be with Yumi but I chose Carina over her?

"First. I am really sorry for leaving you, Kent. I have my reasons and I'm here to tell you that." She starts talking and crying at the same time but I just keep my mouth shut and listen.

Listen to the very acceptable reasons that I am dying to hear for the past years.

"Kent, I-I was..." She starts crying really hard this time and it makes me touch her hand to calm her.

She gulped, "...I was raped."

My eyes widened and I can't even find any words to say. I was shocked like hell. The girl I've loved got raped and I didn't even have any clue? What the hell?

"I was raped by my stepfather. I got scared to tell you. I was traumatized and been mentally disorganized for so long. Specially when I find out that I-I got pregnant. That's not something to be proud of. I decided not to tell you and also my mother didn't want to ruin her name. She kept me hidden abroad."

I was speechless. Still listening. Oh God! Tell me she's lying.

"I am so sorry Kent. I tried so many times to approach you but I was not mentally ready. I've been seeing my psychiatrist for almost 3 years and attented this I-got-raped-confession seminar. I'm sorry..."

I'm still speechless. The girl I've loved was fighting alone for all this years. And now I am so mad at myself. How can I be numb? How can I accept that she just left me without any reasons? I should have known. I should have asked. I should have investigate.

But I did not...

I pulled her in my arms again and let her cry in my shoulder. Tears formed in my eyes, too. I can't stop it. I just can't.

"I-I'm sorry..." She says and pulled her tighter.

"No, Carina. I'm sorry..." I finally uttered.

* * *

After this night I think I won't be able to face Yumi yet. I don't know what to do yet. I just decided to get some of my things in my unit and stay home for a while. I need some place to think and I can't think when Yumi's around.

"You live here? Why?" Carina asked as we entered my unit.

"Just got bored..." I lied. The real reason was Yumi. I live here because of her and now I'm leaving without telling her.

"Why are you going back home?" She asked again.

"No reasons. I just want to be home." I lied again.

She stopped asking and was about to open Yumi's room. I grabbed her wrist right away. She looked at me startled, "...U-Uhm. I'm done here. We need to go." I said.

"O-Okay..."

Everything was fine until we reached the lift and saw Yumi as soon as it opens. She's speechless and I know why. I was just holding Carina's hand. I was just with my past. I don't know what to say.

Fvck! Things are getting so complicated now!

---- To Be Continued

A/N: Sorry kung may wrong grammar man. Hahaha. Pinush ko talaga to kaya pagtyagaan nyo na. Kinda extra lang naman since POV s'ya ni Cloud. XD

Ciao!
- PinkishPixie (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ