6. A New Master

The man walks over to Sam and they do a handshake. So he is two-faced; rude and snobby to everyone, but nice with his friends.

"Everyone, this is Master Hale. You will not talk to him unless he asks you a question. Is that clear?" A chorus of "yes, sir"s ring out.

The guy walks closer and circles around me. His expression is thoughtful. I start to shrink under his gaze, but then I realize who this is. I won't submit to him, even if he is a top leader of the Society.

I pull myself to full height and glare at him. At first he frowns but then another expression crosses his face. Amusement?

He finishes circling me and weaves around the room looking at other submissives. They all bow their heads down when he approaches them. Do they have no pride? They bow like he is superior to them. Yes, he has a higher ranking, but he got that ranking from a member of the patriarchy!

After moving around the room, he heads over to the table where all the men are sitting. The submissives go quiet and head towards their stuff and knee or sit in the ground. I head towards the farthest corner and drag an unwilling Kess behind me.

"Kess, it's today."

"Jade, you don't have to go. You need to stay." She replied in a whisper.

"I can't change anything here. I want to be able to lead a happy life- one in which I won't have to submit to anyone."

Tears run down Kess's face and she grabs me in a big hug. I wrap my arms around her and hold her close, because this will probably be the last time we'll see each other.

The meeting ends surprisingly fast. It didn't even last 30 minutes! I stand up and help Kess up too. We head towards our stuff and Kess holds on tight to my arm.

"Kess, you have to let go now. I have to go. I only have a few minutes." I say and try to pry her hand off my arm.

"I'm sorry Jade. But I can't let you go." With those words she wraps her arms around me and pushes me against the wall.

"What are you doing? Let me go." I whisper, hoping not to draw attention to myself. She doesn't answer. Very soon Gabriel is there and so is Sam.

"Thank you Kess for detaining her." Sam says and Kess lets go and gives them a nod. Detaining me?! She told them?! I look over to my friend, hurt that she betrayed me that way.

I quickly grabbed my bag that was at my feet and started to run. The crowd was thick and I don't think any of them could catch up to me.

The door was in my line of sight; no one blocking my route to freedom. Then someone stepped in front of the door. And as fate may have it, it was Hale.

I run into him, not able to stop myself in time. He uses my momentum and swings me into the wall. The pain rushes over my body and I slump over a bit.

"Fuck my amazing life" My words were dripping with sarcasm. I had to get out, but he was blocking me and my entire body radiated pain.

"Happily" Hale responds. He advances closer to me and I try to shrink into the wall.

I curse, under my breath, the outfit I have on. His hand slowly travels down from my hips to between my legs. He slips his finger into my "underwear" and starts fingering my clit.