Chapter Seven

Melanie's POV

After a couple hours of messing around and Jc's friends quietly fighting over who can talk to me, I head inside.

I pass a sleeping Molly and a sleeping Trevor and take a pic. I post it tagging them and say "Aw. Lovebirds reunited. Let me know when I'm gonna by a god mom. Jk, you're WAAAYYYY too young. Lots of love you two @trevor.moran @molly_caylen"

I head to our basement. Jc said our equipment was set up. I grab the button that records and head inside.

I sit at my drum set and press record.
Basics.
Hit.
Up a level.
Pick up the tempo.
Back to basics.
Hit. Hit.
Up.
Tempo.
Tempo.

I get lost in the beat.

I don't notice when Madelynn comes in. She picks up her red bass.

She strums along. I look at her and she looks back. Mackenzie adds her guitar.
A now awake Molly adds a tiny bit of keyboard. Maya adds a second bass.

When finish and I press stop record.

"Hot damn girls! I came down here to think a bit more and you just made one of the best songs ever." I say.

"Whos turn is it to pick?"

I grab my phone and call Jc.

Convo~~
J Where are you guys?
M Recording studio. We need your help. Whose turn is it to pick?
J Um... I'll be down in a second.
End of convo~~

"He's coming."

He jogs down the steps. "If I remember correctly, it was Melanie that picked last so its Molly's turn."

Molly does a little dance. "Okay so Maddie you hate singing so the four of us can do that. I know we all like this song. 5SOS she's kinda hot."

Starts with bass. Then drums.

Maya-
"My boyfriends bitchin cause I always sleep in. He's always screaming when He's calling his friends. He's kinda hot though. Yeah, He's kinda hot though."

Madelynn-
"Just a little itty bit hot."

Mackenzie-
"My shrink is telling me I've got crazy dreams. He's also saying I've got low self esteem. He's kinda hot though. (Whistle) Yeah he's kinda hot though."

Madelynn-
"Just a little itty bit hot."

Mackenzie-
"He put me on meds, he won't get out of my head, he's kinda hot though."

Madelynn-
"One. Two. Three. Go!"

You know how the rest goes....

Jc presses stop. "Great guys! That was one of the best so far."

The guys walk down the stairs clapping.

"Can you not?" Maya asks.

"Shut up."Ricky mouths.

Maya sticks out her tongue. Molly rolls her eyes.

I bite my tongue. Molly acts like everyone is against her. She is extremely rude to all of us and she makes it look like we're the bad guys I hope she can straighten out if she and Trevor and going to one day get married. I feel a tiny bit bad for Trevor.

No, not really. He could break up with her. No wait, then it would Maya's fault, or mine, or Jc's, or someone else's but her own fault!

I snort at that.

"Maya's pick!" I yell.

"Yay! Let's do something up tempo... Ricky! We're doing ordinary. Gotti?" Maya says.

Ricky zigzag snaps and nods.

Here we go!!!