Twenty Six - Mirage.

Me; 

Something I’d been meaning to say for quite a while now.

If you think some words, or phrases, or chapters, are inappropriate, I ask you to just PM me or leave a comment and I’ll edit it. I don’t know how WP deals with these things and I don’t wanna find out, either. But Y’all know this stuff is PG 13, right?

And song recommendation : Without You by Nilson.

That’s one of two songs that has a lot to do with Rina and Chloe’s story. Both might be mentioned either by lyrics or by the title in the coming chapters

…………………………

…………………………

Nik

Word of advice: if you’re feeling demented to death, sitting on tenterhooks waiting for that particular someone to show up at your door crying and demanding answers, don’t ever think that you could spit your edgy heart out of your mouth by sleeping.

Why, it’s plain simple logic! You can’t for the sake of flying f*ck go to sleep in the first place!

And it was when I sat up in bed for the sixth time that I began to question myself; since when did I become such a sissy?

I mean, I’ve been in a few occasions like this before that threatened to hurt what’s left of my pride. And I’m pretty sure there’ll be more than some in the near future. But every time I just sorta leave it to chance. Because well, I just don’t care.

When that thing happened between me and Carol (that’s my former English teacher), I didn’t care what Carol might think when she found out that it was me who filed the complaint. Well, she did find out and it wasn’t pretty. Besides it could’ve gone a lot worse for me if the principal had taken the time and looked into the matter to find out who the partner in crime was. But that too, I didn’t give a damn about.

It’s just … It’s not like I was trying to send a message to Dad that ‘my life is now ruined without you, please come back’, you know. I do put enough effort in my steps to not get into trouble. I just don’t care when I do get into it.  I always find a way out: always the easy one.

Then why was I so freaked out about this one?

Clueless and lifeless, my back hit the mattress again. At the same time, a ton of hot air left my lungs in a deep sigh. It was barely eight which meant I’d been doing accidental sit-ups like this countless times in the last sixty minutes.

To be honest, I didn’t like it one bit. And now that it’s become pretty clear I can’t seem to bear even the thought of the easy way out this time, something crossed my mind.