L i g h t V s . S h a d o w

-------------------------

s i x

-------------------------

Nyru is depressed. She's been this way for the past few days. Last week was the last time she fought with Miya.

She looked up at Fazu.

"...You don't think I'm moody..." Fazu looked up at her.

"...Do you?"

He noticed how upset his mother was.

"No...why would you think that?" Nyru looked back down.

"I don't know. I guess I think I am,"

Fazu has never seen his mother be this depressed before. He feels as though he understands how she feels. He hasn't lost anyone though, so it's a little complicated. Her mother was in the next room.

Nyru stood up. She looked as though she was holding back tears. She walked over to the window. Fazu watched her.

She watched the flames from the Fire Castle flap with the wind. She covered her face. Fazu heard her softly crying. He walked over to her. He put his hand on her shoulder. She turned and saw his face. He held out his arms for her. She hugged him. She started crying harder.

"...I love you mommy," She heard Fazu say to her.

"I love you too," She said back.

She watched the flames again.

"Are you going to be alright?"

A tear rolled sown her cheek. "Yes, I'm alright,"

She kissed his head and smiled at him. She turned to the window again. Fazu watched her smile fade away.

Nyru walked to the door, as Tyrone was walking up to her.

"Hey," He saw how upset she looked.

"Hey Tyrone," Her voice was low. Fazu was behind her.

Tyrone waved to him and smiled. Fazu smiled and waved back shyly. Nyru was still crying, somewhat.

"Yami told me you were upset..." Nyru looked up.

"...I didn't think you were this upset,"

Nyru looked back down.

"Thanks for caring," Nyru said softly.

She turned and walked back to the window. Tyrone followed her, looking at Fazu as he passed. Seeing his sad face, it was almost too much for him.

"You talked with Yami?" She never turned away from the window.

"Yes... he's worried about you..." Nyru faced him.

"He never stopped talking or thinking about you,"

And neither do I...

Nyru looked down, and turned back to the window.

Fazu had walked up to Nyru and she was holding him.

It was growing dark outside. Thunder was heard in the distance. A flash of lightning struck soon after.

"I'm here if you want to talk to me," Nyru knew that. She didn't know why she was letting herself to get this way. She never felt this way before. She had lost part of her happiness.