Chapter 51 Hisses

Chapter 51 Zayn’s p.o.v

I sit in a leather spinning office chair. To my right, Niall and Harry sit on the same type of chairs, to my left are Louis and Liam, across from me are a bunch of nameless faces that make up our management, the only thing between us is a wooden table.

No I don’t like them, but I have to deal with them. So I avoid all eye contact and stare at the floor. I actually feel… I guess the best I’ve felt since Jasmine’s death. I feel…

Free.

“So I’m glad you could all make it here today for our meeting.” A deep voice coming from my left says. He continues, “As some of you know,” he put emphasis on the ‘some’, “the fans have been very hurt by all that’s happened and feel terrible, so to show that One Direction is indeed back we will be holding a surprise concert at the O2 in a week.” He pauses. “We will need all of you to tweet about this as much as you can, especially you, Zayn.” I still don’t look up.

A high-pitched voice that must belong to a woman starts to speak. “The set list for the concert will be; What Makes You Beautiful, Live While We’re Young, Moments, They Don’t Know About Us, Up All Night, Teenage Dirtbag, One Way Or Another, Little Things, Rock Me, and we would like you to discuss any other songs you would like to sing.” She takes a breath. “However ever since video got out of you lot singing  ‘Moments’ the entire fandom went nuts and demanded older songs, that is why your set list has none of your songs from your new album.” I tune out the rest of what they say and finally we leave. The lads shake hands with the nameless people but I ignore all hands reaching out to me and walk out the office door with the lads to the elevator.

When we get to the lobby we pass the reception desk and walk out the double doors. Waiting for us outside is the van with Paul standing outside of it. We hop in and drive away.

The next week is filled with rehearsals and press conferences, but finally it’s the day of the concert. We get there early and already all the fans are lined up, screaming, crying, the usual. When we get inside we get right to business and I’m feeling queasy.

Jasmine has been the only thing on my mind lately, but she really comes to mind as the realization that Johanna and her new assistant will be the one helping us with our outfits, not Jasmine and Amy, even if I got used to the fact Amy wouldn’t be the one doing that after her death, now it will be the first concert I do without Jasmine’s smart remarks or her laugh and smile.

I excuse myself and end up in the dressing room alone on my phone. 

“20 minutes!” Someone yells.

We run onto the stage and start to sing. I feel okay. It feels great to be back to doing what I love. I feel… the best I’ve felt in what feels like forever.

We just finished with twitter questions and now we’re back to singing. I don’t feel as good as before.

Harry starts to sing but I don’t hear any sound. No, none. His lips move but he doesn’t make any sound. I can see the fans screaming but can’t hear them. Well this isn’t good.

Then I hear something, and it gets louder and louder. I can’t make out what it is, and then I hear it. Jasmine. Instead of Harry’s voice coming out of his lips it’s Jasmine’s. Its the voice I know from when she would cook and sing at the same time, or when she would sing in the shower. Then it stops. Harry stopped singing. Then it comes back, but not from Harry’s lips but this time it comes from Liam’s. I stare at him in disbelief. I look out to the crowd and that’s when I start to freak.

The entire crowd, all the fans, all the parents with their children. All of them! All of them are Jasmine! It doesn’t matter what body type they are, they’re still Jasmine. I turn back to the lads they’re still singing but its Jasmine’s voice coming out and then it all goes quite. They’re still singing but I don’t hear anything. Then I hear a hissing sound.

“Jasmine” it hisses.

“Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine” it’s all around me. “Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine.”

The lads stare at me and but then it all blurs and all I hear is the hissing sound. “Jasmine, Jasmine” “Jasmine” “Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine”

Then it all goes black.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

These are the last chapters then it will be all done and I’ll have no more meaning to life.

Comment

Vote

Fan

~Sandrine <3