Chapter 20 Grandpa

Chapter 20 Zayn’s p.o.v

I walk off the X Factor stage with the lads. We just preformed ‘My Life Would Suck Without You’ I’m happy with our performance. I walk around looking for Jasmine, who promised would be back stage. She came to all our performances and I would usually find her in the crowd of people and once we were done she would make her way backstage to see us. But where was she? Liam came walking over to me.

“What’s wrong mate?” He asked. “Jasmine’s not here.” I point out still searching for her. “Maybe she’s in the dressing room.” Liam suggested. I shrugged and walked off to our dressing room.

When I walk in I find my phone to see I have a missed call. I listen to the message;

“Hey Zayn call me back when you get this, I was about to come to your performance when my Grandpa George was rushed into the hospital. He had a bad fall and I have to go see him. I’m on my way to the hospital now. Sorry I’m missing your performance but I’ll try and catch it on t.v. Love you,”

I dialed her number and she answered on the second ring. “Hello?” She asked sniffling. “Jasmine I got your message what’s wrong?” I ask. “I-It’s my grandpa… he didn’t… he didn’t make it!” She sobbed through the phone. “I’m so sorry! Jasmine I’m so sorry! I know how much you loved him!” I say. “Don’t be sorry! Just… I want to be left alone right now!” Before I could say anything more the line went dead.

Louis came walking into the room. “Mate what’s wrong?” He asked. “Jasmine’s at the hospital.” I say. He stares at me concerned. “Is she alright?!” He asks. “Her grandfather just died.” I reply slouching in a chair. “Oh..” Louis says.

Jasmine’s p.o.v

I sit in the empty room my grandpa had taken his last breath in. It’s quite in the hospital. I know my mom is somewhere around here with my grandma, her sister, and the rest of the family crying but I don’t want to be around people. I had finally stopped crying and I was now in shock. Without Grandpa there would be no jokes on Thanks Giving, there would be no more laughing as loud as we could on Christmas Eve. I realized my family now only had; my mom, my Aunt Susan, my cousins Jake and Marta, my Uncle Joe, Grandma Kelly, and I counted Zayn and his parents, and sisters as part of my family too. I wish Zayn was here. I wish I could hug him and just forget about everything. It was about midnight, give or take.

A knock came from the door. I expected it to be my mom or the rest of my family coming to tell me everything was going to be okay. I secretly hoped it was Zayn. My back was faced to the door. The door opened and I hoped it was Zayn but when I turned around it was a nurse.

“Um… we need to have the room so if you don’t mind sitting in the waiting room instead.” I got up and walked out the door sad and depressed. As I walked into the waiting room I was greeted by the lads. They embraced me into a tights hug. Tears spilt down my cheeks.

“Don’t cry love.” Niall said. I whipped at my tears. “Where’s my family?” I asked realizing they weren’t here. “They went back home so we told them we’d take care of you.” Harry said. Zayn wrapped an arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to his body. “It’s gonna be okay.” He says. I hug his side and we all walk out of the hospital to a van parked outside. We pile in.

I lean my head on Zayn’s shoulder and fall asleep letting fatigue and all the worries from the day wash over me.

Zayn’s p.o.v

We arrive at her house. Jasmine's asleep on my shoulder so I lift her up into my arms. The lads and I walk to the door where a teary eyed Kathy waits. She let’s us in to find all of Jasmine’s family scattered everywhere. The lads wave to everyone getting confused looks from all of them. I guess Jasmine didn’t feel like bragging about us to everyone even though I’ve met everyone here when I was much younger and I know they watch the X Factor.

The lads and I walk up the stairs to Jasmine’s room. I set her down on her bed and the lads tuck her in. We each end up kissing her forehead. I guess the lads care about her as much as I do. We walk out the door and down the stairs. Kathy says thanks and I give her a hug. I know this is hard for her seeing that her dad was the last man in her family. Of course there was her brother in law and her nephew but it wasn’t the same.

We piled back into the van and drove off. For the rest of the night I was wondering if Jasmine was okay. 

. . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . ..  .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . ..

So not the best chapter ever, I know I kill a lot of people in this book… IDK why : ) Anyway I will be making a very instance chapter about Amy soon! : )

Comment

Fan

Vote!!

~Sandrine <3