Chapter 46 Shattered

Chapter 46 Zayn’s p.o.v

After we all said our words it was time to let go.

While everyone crowds over Jasmine's casket giving one final goodbye to the girl they used to know. I stand by a tree far away watching it all.

“So it’s time to let me go?” Jasmine says from next to me.

“I don’t wanna y’know.” I point out with a sigh.

“Zayn it’s okay, it’s time to let me go. I’m gone.”

“But I don’t want you to be gone!”

“Zaynie! Until you let me go I’m stuck here! I can’t go on to the great beyond until you let me go!” I felt bad for that, I really did.

“But I don’t get why you had to leave. Why you had to leave so soon.”

“Zayn, I didn’t choose this. My destiny was planed to do this. I would of left anyway. Better now then when we would’ve had kids and a family and all.” She sighs.

“Y’know I’ll wait for you.” I say, she sighs.

“I know, and I’ll be waiting for you.”

“I promise I’ll never forget you.” This was a true promise, to her and me, I would not break this promise.

“I love you…” She whispers.

“I love you.” I whisper back, and just like that she was gone leaving a cold breeze in her wake. My heart broke because now there was no getting her back. She was gone forever.

I hadn’t taken my eyes off the mob at the casket. People are starting to walk away and I decide it’s the best time to say goodbye to her body since I just said goodbye to her spirit.

I walk over to the casket and look down at her calm, lifeless face. I pull out the small box from my pocket and pull out the ring. I grab her cold limp left hand and slide the ring onto her wedding finger. I kiss the top of her hand and mumble.

“You. And. Me. Forever. No take backs.” I put her hand back onto the bouquet of followers she holds. “I promise.”

Kathy comes and stands next to me as the tears come back.

“I loved her.” I sob into her shoulder.

“Sh… I know Honey, I know.”

As I watch I take the last look at Jasmine that I will ever get. She will forever be gone now. A man closes the casket and I pull away from Kathy to lift it up. The lads join me and so does another man and we all lift the casket up and walk away with it. We keep walking until we get to a cemetery. We take a small path, past many graves to a small empty area with a simple oak tree in the middle. There’s a hole that was already made and we lower Jasmine’s casket down into it. We all grab a shovel from a pile of them and throw dirt on top of the casket, and then as I throw the last bit of dirt it’s done. The girl I love is now in a hole in the ground. I look up to see a gravestone with Jasmine’s name and the time she had lived on this planet.

To short of a time if you ask me.

My world crashes into pieces as I stand here in front of something I would never have thought I'd see. Jasmine’s gravestone. My heart has been shattered so many times it is in more pieces then I could ever count.

And yet here I am alive while my love is lying dead in the ground and I will never see her bright blue eyes or beautiful lips smiling. And I'm shattered. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

So what do you think?

Comment

Fan

Vote

~Sandrine <3