Chapter 50 Burn

Chapter 50 Zayn’s p.o.v

I walk the path past many graves to that one place where my lovely Jasmine is deep down in the ground.

When I get to the oak tree that gives shade to my baby’s grave I can’t help but let a tear escape.

It must be cold down in the dirt where she is and it’s October now so it must be even colder. All I want to do is what I’ve always done when she was cold, pull off my jacket, drape it onto her shoulders, and hold her close, but I can’t do that.

I take a seat on the ground in front of her grave but to the side so I’m right next to the hole where deep down under all the dirt covering it is Jasmine, hidden in a casket, holding dead flowers, her body slowly crumbling away, but on her left hand, on the bone of her ring finger, is the ring., The one ring that will always tell me no matter what that I belong to her and only her, and that at one point she was mine.

I set the pile of letters in front of me not sure what to do with it.

“Jasmine, there was to much to say so I wrote it down. I hope where ever you are you find peace and comfort with these.” I can tell someone is watching me, and with all my heart I hope it’s Jasmine but when I turn around I find myself staring at Niall. He wears a warm coat and a scarf. His hands are in his pockets. He walks towards me and takes a seat next to me. He keeps his eyes on Jasmine’s grave and I do the same. Everything is quiet for a while.

“You know she left a mark on all of us,” Niall finally says. “Ever since that first day when she showed up at the X factor house and we first met her.” He continues. He lets out a small laugh, “I always taught you had a crush on her and then Harry seemed to grow so attached to her, I swear if she hadn’t been madly in love with you, Harry might of even asked her out,” he sighs, “but she was always yours. Even before you to were dating I could see how you looked at each other, how much love you felt for each other. It took you both so long to see what the whole world thought was so obvious. Of course I guess that’s how love works, you’re so blinded from anything and you start to think to yourself ‘I will never have a shot with that girl’ but then faith spins that thought around.”

“You know I always thought I’d have no chance with her,” I say, “but then when I finally found the guts to ask her out I thought ‘wow! I waited this long to feel this whole just because I was scared.’ I was so scared that she would say no and I’d loose the love of my life that I didn’t realize that life is so short and if I had asked her so long ago I could have been so much happier, when I look back now I see myself sitting in my room thinking of how I would ask her out or how to spend one more hour with her that day. If only I had asked her earlier… I just don’t know, all I know is I would have had no regrets if she ever left my world.”

“So you have regrets?” Niall asks.

“Tons!”

“Like what?” He pushes.

I sigh. “Do you have time?”

“I have all the time in the world.”

“Alright. For starters I would of spent that last night with her in her tent.”

“That’s not your fault that’s our fault. We were the one’s that wouldn’t let you both be in the same tent.”

“Well I would have asked her out so much earlier.”

“Not your fault. You were scared that it would hurt your friendship, which to you was more important, it’s not your fault, it’s because you didn’t want to let her go, ever.”

“Okay, well I would of spoiled her with gifts and money.” Niall laughs at that one.

“That’s not your fault you now just as much as I do she hated being spoiled with money and things.” I laugh too.

“That’s true, but I would of never gotten in so many fights with her.”

“That’s not yours or her fault. You can’t stop from disagreeing. Please, even we get into fights but the thing is, you both always solved the fights. You always made up, never did you let it affect your relationship.”

“Okay, I would of bought the ring sooner.”

“Once again it’s not your fault you didn’t buy the ring sooner. Don’t you remember what you told me when you bought it? I quote ‘I wish I could’ve gotten it sooner but I didn’t want the fans to go crazy and freak out,’ You just didn’t want the fans to start crying and feel like they couldn’t have a fantasy of one day marring you, and to a more extend I bet you just didn’t want to bring more hate towards Jasmine.”

“Niall have you ever though of being a therapist?” He chuckled at me.

“I’d be a good one wouldn’t I?” We both sigh and look back at Jasmine's grave.

“So what are you going to do with toughs letters?” Niall basically read my mind.

“I have an idea.” I state fishing my lighter out of my pocket. I haven’t smoked in a while, not since… maybe since our Heartbreakers CD came out. I stopped for the fans and for Jasmine.

I grab the piled of letters and light them on fire with my lighter. There’s at least twenty letters in that pile. I watch as they all burn and their ashes and smoke fly to the heavens to find my lovely Jasmine. When their all gone Niall puts a hand on my shoulder.

“C’mon mate, lets go.” We walk away down the path of graves.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

I hope you liked this chapter.

Comment

Fan

Vote

~Sandrine <3