I heard footsteps behind me and saw a person with blonde hair at the buffet from the corner of my eye.

I turned around and greeted that person.

“Good morning!”

“You’re sure happy this morning,” Violet smiled as she made her way over to our table. 

“I slept super duper well,” I grinned widely.

I felt someone ruffle my hair and turned to see Aaron sitting in the other seat next to me.

“Morning, prisoner,” he half-said, half-yawned.  He had dark circles under his eyes and resembled how I look yesterday morning.

“You can’t call me that anymore.  I stopped being a prisoner yesterday when I finished doing all your work for you.”

“You made the new kid do all your work for you?!” Violet exclaimed, frowning deeply.  “That’s no way to welcome him!”

“Christ, I’m so tired…” Aaron folded his arms on the table before putting his head on top of them and closing his eyes.

“I can tell.  You look like a truck ran you over,” I interrupted before Violet yelled anymore at Aaron.

“If poor Kaydee had to do all your work for you yesterday why would you be tired?”

“‘Kaydee’?” Aaron’s head popped up, and he wore an expression of disgust towards his sister.

“It’s my new nickname for him!  What do you think, Kaydee?” she asked excitedly, now beaming at me.

“Um…”

“That’s his nice way of saying that’s the stupidest nickname invented in the history of ever,” Aaron explained in an exasperated tone, putting his elbows on the table and his head in his hands.

“I wasn’t asking you, junior!”

“I told you not to call me that!”  His head snapped up again, and he looked extremely annoyed.

“Children, don’t get your knickers in a wad,” came a reprimanding voice from behind us.  We turned to see Judith shooting Aaron and Violet serious looks but she had a playful glint in her eyes.  Turning towards the buffet, she went to get her breakfast followed closely by Robert.  I wondered if they were officially together.  Neither wore a wedding ring, but they did seem to always stick close to each other.  I would have to ask about that later…

“Anyway, why are you tired?”  I asked for Violet.

Aaron scratched the back of his neck, now leaning back in his chair.

He seemed a little hesitant to answer and seemed to find the floor more interesting at the moment.

“Oh my gosh! Aaron!  Please don’t tell me you did what I think you did.” Violet looked at her brother, disbelievingly.

I was really confused.

“A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do,” he grinned sheepishly at her.

“I can’t even believe you right now.”

“Anyone wanna enlighten me as to what exactly Aaron did?” I asked, hopefully.  ‘Hopefully’ because I wasn’t sure if they would answer my question or continue fighting.

“Aaron snuck out last night with a girl.”

“It wasn’t to sleep with a girl!  I went to a party and met a girl… a couple actually…but I didn’t sleep with any of them!” he added the last part when he saw the look Violet was giving him.  “I just talked with one girl… and we kinda sorta maybe snogged.”  Again, he muttered the last part quickly, but that didn’t prevent Violet and I from understanding every word he said.

Not Your Average Cinderella Story [Prince Harry]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें