The Backstory (Chapter 5)

*Edited*
Rick's POV

Why is life like this? Everything is falling apart, Casey is scratched, Sophia's missing, and Lori is acting strangely.  The whole world is messed up, and I can only assume that it's going to get worse. What if Casey isn't immune? Should we even trust this stranger? She shows up and says she's immune, what if she isn't? All the proof we have is Jenner's word. But he's dead. Should I trust a dead man?

I would check on Casey once in a while and every time she was fine.  She'd complain about how bored she was, but I reminded her it was for everyone's safety that she stays in there. Along with her situation on my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about J. How did he write on the car is he (I'm assuming) near?  I don't know. I guess if I can trust J, a stranger I can't put a face to, I can trust Casey.

Lori came out of the tent Casey was in. It was my turn to be on Walker watch so Lori checked in her for me. "She's ok, she just needs to sleep. And later she said she'll stitch herself up."

"Is Carl still upset?" I asked looking over to see Carl sitting alone staring at the forest as if Sophia would magically appear.

"About what Sophia or Casey, because a he's upset about both."  Carl glanced back at the tent then back to the woods.

"Yeah, I see him trying to sneak into the tent to see her,"  I replied  Carl is so intrigued by her. I don't know why, honestly. Is it because she's immune? Or is it something else I didn't know.

"Do you trust her?" She asked crossing her arms and staring at the tent.

"I don't know yet," I replied, she nodded.

"Carol still won't talk to anyone, she just cries, I try to help her but she just refuses." 

"I'll go talk to her,"  I said as Lori stopped me.

"Don't make things worse." She said with a concerned look.

"I won't," I replied walking over to where she was sitting.  "How's it going?"  She didn't reply, she just looked into the distance.  "I know everyone's said this but I'm sorry, we will find her." She didn't look at me. Her eyes filled with tears at the thoughts running through her head.

"You can't promise that." 

"I know, but we can still try." It went silent and I looked back to Casey's tent. She stuck her head out looking over at us listening in. I motioned her to get back in the tent. She put her hands up in defense then disappeared inside. "Do you blame Casey?" 

"No, I don't know.  But she was the last one to see her."  She said still looking in the distance. "She couldn't do more."

"We will try everything we can to find her,"  I reassured as she looked at me a small smile.

"I know thank you."  She replied wiping the tears away.

Casey's POV

I was so bored sitting there, for hours I couldn't move.  I needed a new shirt since mine was bloody and ripped.  Carl tried to sneak in a few times which was so nice.  But he got caught, I heard someone come in and it was Rick.

"I'm letting you out, you seem fine.  But if you start to feel the slightest sickness, you're coming back in here."  Rick explained.

"Ok, but just accept it, I'm immune," I said getting up in pain.  Rick helped me get up and come out.  That's when I realized my ankle was swollen and sprained.  Everyone watched me as Rick helped me out, Carl ran up and hugged me.  "Hi to you too."  (Just saying Casey is like an inch taller than Sophia and three inches taller than Carl.)

"Give her some space," Rick said.  He backed away and apologized.  I looked at Carol sitting by the woods looking off into the distance. I decided to give her space.  Glenn found me a new shirt in one of the cars and I used my old one for my ankle.  Now the worst part, stitching the wound, I've done it before but it's painful.

I grabbed my bag and got out my medical kit and got out the things I needed.  I took me a painful while to stitch up the deep scratch.  Some of my blood attracted the walkers but I killed them.  Later Daryl went hunting for food while Rick talked about tomorrow and looking for Sophia. Carl came over and sat next to me staring at the bandage on my shoulder.

"How's your shoulder?"  Carl asked me, I smiled a little glancing at it.

"Very much in pain,"  I replied with a small laugh.

"Do you need anything?"

"You know, I could really use a wish right now.  But that's something you can't get me."  I said.

"So could I." He said.

"What would you wish for?" 

"For us to find Sophia, how about you?" He asked.

"I would wish for my family to be alive.  My mom, dad, brother, and sister." I said.

"What happened?"  He asked.

"Well, I was the youngest and scared when it happened.  It was Halloween, we were having a cookout in the afternoon.  We just ignored all of the weird noises going on.  When someone came out of the woods, a walker, we thought it was just a costume.  Then others came and they bit my family.  I watched my family get bit, turn, and I had to kill them.  I ran out to my front yard and it was too late, the whole neighborhood was in panic. So I collected everything I could and I ran."  I explained.

"I'm so sorry." He said stunned as I stared ahead. The memories flashed through my head. My whole family being ripped apart while I cried.

"Yeah, it wasn't fun," I said feeling a year go down my face.  "The weird thing is it all felt like a dream. And I can't remember anything before that. It's like my whole world is just caving in on my head making me forget."

"Doesn't this all feel like a dream."

"Yeah exactly."

And the next day it was time for the hunt.

Casey's backstory!  So sad though, is J near? The song is Airplanes.  Please vote and comment, love you guys!