She's Really Immune (Chapter 4)

*Edited*
Casey's POV

When the doors opened I grabbed Carl's hand and ran. Lori trailed behind us with everyone was else. The countdown was close to zero, to close to zero. I turned around and noticed that some people were missing. I was about to say something but I looked at Carl. His eyes were panicked and in fear. We didn't need anything to slow us down. So I kept going hoping someone would attend to whoever was missing.

"My bag." I gasped looking at the hall where we slept that night.

"Casey don't!" Carl called out as I took off running. I found our room quickly grabbing my bag and a few other things that the others owned. I ran back out to the main entrance only to see a grenade being thrown at the glass window. I dropped to the ground as a loud boom went off. Glass was everywhere but that didn't stop them from leaving. I coughed standing up with ringing in my ear. Everyone was gone. I rubbed my eyes quickly climbing out of the hole.

"There she is!" I saw Glenn running for me, he placed a hand on my back leading me away from the building. We hid behind the RV waiting for the others.

"Thank you." I smiled at Glenn and he gave a small nod.

"Hey, your the immune aren't you. Can't lose one of a kind." I giggled a little looking ahead seeing two people climb out. I saw the hat first and knew it was Dale, he was leading Andrea out.

"Look!" I shouted making everyone's attention turn to them.

"Run!" We all started yelling. They went faster and they jumped down as the building went into flames. A huge heatwave hit sending me back. Sweat ran down my face, my eyes were blurry, my ears ringing. Surprisingly it was Rick who helped me up and lead me back to the car. We left as soon as everyone was safe.

It was silent for the first hour. I just pondered on what Jenner said about the disease being man made. Was this done on purpose, or was it like some movie where they try to create a cure for something, but it ends up killing everyone. And why would he put all of his research to waist. I get what the point was, but their had to be another way.

I looked over at Carl who was looking out the window. I smiled to myself then looked ahead. I was confused as the RV in front of us stopped making us stop. Then I saw the huge car jam.

Something was coming.

Rick's POV

I checked on everyone making sure we were all okay. Someone was missing. Jackie. She must've stayed behind with Jenner. I didn't know her well, but she should be at peace now.

I looked around at the cars checking to see if there were anything good inside of them. That's when I noticed something written on the window. In the dirt was something familiar. Something that gave me hope.

It said J.

Casey's POV

I dragged my hand on all of the cars as I passed by humming to myself. Everyone was looking in the cars, I was just waiting for the right one. I looked over a big white truck with a latch connected to it. In my curiosity I pulled the latched and pushed up the door. I smiled to myself looking around, no one was looking.

"Guys water!" I cheered, I was shushed by Shane, he mumbled something about walkers as everyone gathered around smiling. I opened on of the slots and water poured out. Everyone got a drink before continuing on their hunt for supplies.