Chapter Eleven

I turned over to check the time and saw I woke up minutes before my alarm, which I guess was better than being late. After the best night of my life, I of course had to snap back in reality as I had work. Memories of last night came flooding in making me smile to myself. I sat up on my bed and decided to check my phone which had a few messages.

Mum -
I came home early last night but you weren't in? I was hoping to catch you before I went off again. Scarlett once I'm back from this trip I'll be staying for a while. I promise.

I knew my Mum felt guilty for not being around all the time but I couldn't blame her as she did work hard. Yeah I do miss having her here but I can't be mad. I simply replied to her saying it's okay. I opened the next message which was from Jai.

Jai -
Thanks for yesterday x

Me -
Don't thank me. I had fun x

Minutes into getting changed my phone buzzed again showing another message from Jai.

Jai -
Shit you just x me back. Are you sure we're at that stage yet? X

Me -
Please shut up and sleep xoxo

I laughed to myself at how stupid he was. I walked over to the mirror and sighed seeing my boring old work uniform. I put my hair up into a high ponytail then went downstairs and put my shoes on. I got my keys and phone then headed out to Henry. I jumped on and immediately set off. My shift today was 9.00am to 12pm, so it wasn't long at all. Usually on Sunday's the place was quiet meaning everyone went home sooner.

Before I knew it I arrived, I parked in the staff car park then walked into the huge building. I groaned as I realised I would have to face Monika today, I was determined to avoid contact from her.

"Scarlett you're on music" my boss spoke who was standing by the reception desk.

"Sure thing" I smiled, as sorting out the music playlists was way better than cleaning. All I had to do was put playlists together for the upcoming parties and to make it easier I got a list of the recommended genres the party holders wanted.

--

My shift finished meaning I was free to go home and relax. I only had one awkward encounter with Monika which was when she walked into the hall and I was on the DJ set. We glanced at each other but she just eye rolled and walked out. Bitch.

My phone had been buzzing in my pocket ever since I got on my motorbike obviously I couldn't pick it up while driving so I waited until I got inside. I parked Henry in the front, ran into the house and went straight to my room. I pulled my phone out seeing missed calls and texts from no other than Jai.

Jai -
Call me ASAP

Jai -
Hurry

I called him straight away and within two rings he answered.

"Where were you?" he asked.

"At work?" I questioned.

"That makes sense. Anyway let's go shopping, the plan starts Monday so tomorrow and we still haven't got step 1 down." he stated.

"Cool" I replied.

"Be there soon" with that said he hung up and I went to change out of my work uniform. I put on some white jeans with a blue jumper and white vans. I walked over to the mirror and touched up on my makeup and hair to make myself look somewhat better. I heard a car outside and saw it was Jai. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs beating him to the bell.

"Well hello" he smiled.

"Hey" I replied locking my door and walking towards his car.

"You ready?" he asked, I nodded in reply and he set off.

"I've got ideas in mind so this won't take long" I assured him as I knew he was the type to hate shopping.

"Good because I wouldn't want to waste time with you" he smirked. I playfully hit his arm laughing. "Make sure the stuff you pick out looks badass enough that people will think you're the new chick" he stated.

"Got it. The badass look" with that said we arrived at the shopping centre and walked inside. The first shop we went in was River Island, one of my favs. I picked out a few outfits with the help of Jai telling me what's hot and not and that's how it went for the others shops we went in too. I ended up with loads of bags but I didn't regret anything as the stuff I bought was cute. Jai tried to pay for a few things but I didn't let him.

"Where were you all the times before when I was struggling to shop?" I joked as we walked back out to the car park.

"Shoulda met me sooner" he smiled looking down. God I love that smil- woah where did that come from? I ignored my thoughts and continued walking. Jai opened his car and we placed all the bags in the boot before getting in.

"Thanks so much for all that" I thanked him.

"It's fine. Tomorrow you're gonna look bad as fuck because of me" he confidently said. I laughed at him.

"You think it'll be quick before your group accepts me" I asked.

"Maybe a week or so but you never know with them" he turned to wink at me. We got back to my house and both got out the car. Jai walked to the trunk and took all the bags while I unlocked the door.

"Here" I said taking the bags from him as we both walked into the living room.

"Nice house" he spoke looking around.

"Thanks" I replied as we awkwardly stood there.

"I've gotta get back" he spoke.

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow" I said walking him out. Jai bought me into a unexpected bear hug before getting back in his car. I waved him away then shut the door.

Tomorrow was the start of it all.