As soon as the car was turned off, both the boys’ doors opened and they climbed out, then my door opened and someone took my arm, gently pulling me out of the car.

“Let go!” I yelled, trying to pull away.

“It’s alright, El,” Jesse whispered as he put an arm around my back and slowly pulled me forward. “Calm down, I swear it’s alright. We’re just taking you inside the house.”

Right, for all I knew they were going to shove me into a cellar or some creepy shed!

“Man,” Chance said, a few feet ahead of us, “is this great timing or what, her coming now? Since-“

“Your father isn’t home?” I asked, remembering the midnight dream.

Jesse paused for a second then kept pulling me forward.

“How the hell did you know that!?” Chance yelled, sounding very frustrated.

“The same way she knows everything else,” Jesse answered, helping me up some steps, “She saw it in a dream.”

We stopped and I heard a large, old door creaking open. I felt like I was about to enter a haunted house or something and my heart picked up a few beats. You know what’s worse than going into an old, creepy house? Going into an old, creepy house and not being able to see anything! It’s like going in at night with the lights off; it’s pitch black and when you hear a creepy noise, there’s no way to know what it came from. There’s a reason I don’t do haunted houses at Halloween!

“Let me go, please let me go,” I begged, “I won’t tell anyone about this, I promise!”

“El,” Jesse whispered, turning me so I was facing him. “Calm down. We don’t want to do anything to you, we just need to ask you some things.”

“Then why bring me here!?”

“Because,” Chance yelled from inside. “We need to reference some books from the library as we question you. Now get you skinny little ass in here!”

Jesse sighed, obviously not liking Chance’s attitude, then led me through the quiet house. Well, mostly quiet. There was a sudden creaking sound in the distance that made me jump.

“What was that?” I asked.

“Someone must have left a window open,” Jesse replied softly, “and the breeze is blowing it around.”

We took a few more steps then I heard a scratching sound and jumped again, this time leaning back onto Jesse’s arm. “What was that?”

“A tree branch scratching a window,” he said, “We’re almost there.”

There was another creak in the distance and I scrambled backwards. “What was that!?”

“Elizabeth,” Jesse said, sounding a little annoyed, “It’s an old house, it’s going to make noises.” He pulled me a little closer as he led me down the hall. “Just don’t worry about it. If there’s a threat, we’ll protect you.” That wasn’t all that comforting since right now I’d like to have someone protect me from them!

We walked through a doorway and Jesse sat me down on a couch. “This is our father’s office, so please try not to touch anything.”

I nodded then sat quietly, knowing I’d never be able to find my way home, or even my way out of this house if I tried to run, and waited for it to all be over.

Chance

When she was scared, Elizabeth was really annoying! Seriously, could she just shut up and behave for five minutes!? And even worse; when she was scared, her heart rated increase. And when her heart rate increased, her blood pumped faster through her veins. And when that happened, the scent became stronger and sooooo much more tempting.

After being with her in the alley, then sitting with her in the car, and now the trip through the house, I was dying for a taste of her blood! But no way would I get a taste with Jesse around. He’d probably throw me through a wall if I bite his girl. Psh. She was just as scared of him as she was of me.

“Chance!” Jesse yelled, sounding ticked. “Stop staring into space and start looking!”

I growled then went back to searching through one of the bookcases. Why did this man have to have so many freaking books!?

“What are you looking for?” Elizabeth asked quietly.

I glanced over at her, sitting on a small couch in middle of the room. “Something that’ll tell us about the prophecy.”

“Shut up!” Jesse hissed, throwing a book at my head.

I caught it then grinned at him before tossing it to the side. “What? She asked.”

Jesse growled quietly, so quiet I didn’t think Lizzy could hear it, yet when I glanced toward her I saw she was cringing away from him ever so slightly, as if she had. That girl had some crazy good hearing.

“Sorry El,” Jesse said, glancing to her, “But the less you know, the better.”

After a few minutes, she tried another question. “Did you say I had the sight?”

“Yep,” I answered, moving to another bookcase. “That’s what you’ve got.”

 “We don’t know that for sure,” Jesse said quickly, throwing another book at my head.

“Alright,” I said, catching it and turning to look at him. “Stop throwing books at my head! I’m trying to look here.”

“You’re throwing books at each other!?”

Jesse paused, not sure what to say, and I just laughed. “Yeah, because he’s an evil brother.”

Jesse sighed, going back to the books. “It’s no big deal; he catches every one. And if he didn’t, it would really hurt him.” Jesse smirked then leaned in Lizzy’s direction, pretending to whisper. “He has a hard head.”

Lizzy laughed quietly, relaxing a little. Jesse smiled at her more relaxed posture then stood back up. “Any luck yet Chance?”

I stopped and turned to look at him like he was an idiot. “Oh yeah, I found it ten minutes ago, I was just having so much fun searching that I didn’t wanna stop.”

Lizzy laughed again, making me smile, and Jesse just glared at the books, muttering, “Smart ass."

I was looking over some books and noticed how a few of them were pushed out farther on the shelf than the rest. I tilted my head to the side, curious, then carefully pulled the few books off the shelf and grinned at what I found flat against the wall, behind them.

It was a small book wrapped in cloth. I carefully pulled it out, putting the other books back in their place, then removed the cloth and read the cover.

“Oh brother,” I said in an almost song like voice as I held up the small book. “Look what I’ve got.”

His head shot to the side as he looked at the book in my hands then a small smile played onto his face. “You found it.”

“Found what?” A sickly sweet voice asked from the doorway.

Jesse and I both froze then slowly turned to look, me lowering the book to my side. Sure enough, standing in the doorway with her short, blonde hair and dark, green eyes, was Siena.

“Hello brothers,” she said with a grin, “I’m home.”