The Red Game.

"I GOT HIM!"

I'm running as fast as I can but it's too late, they caught me. One of the three boys pushes me against the alley's wall. I try to get away but I can't, the second boy comes and punches me right in the side of my face and a knee kick in the stomach. I'm out of breath. I would have fall to the ground but, the two partners of my worst enemy are holding me.

"Aaaaaah, Sherly boy. Why running away when we were having so much fun? You're so boring. I wanted to play with you and YOU RAN AWAY!"

He punches me, blood.

"WHY DON'T YOU PLAY WITH ME, SHERLOCK?! WHY!"

Silence. He groan aggressively, and punches me again, again and again. My whole face is bleeding. It hurts. I almost can't breathe.

"I-er... I won't play that kind of game with you, Jim."

He came closer to me, lift my chin and stare into my eyes, with his black, cold glance.

"Why, Sherlock?", he said with a childish voice. "Why?"

"Because... Because ..." I can barely talk, my jaw is hurting as hell.

"Go on, baby. I'm listening.", he said passing his hand through my hair. Disgusting.

"Because you're not human."

He laughs.

"What am I then, um, Sherlock. Deduct what I am. You're so good at this, deducting people."

"You're a demon, no, you're the devil. The real face of Satan. This world is not safe if you're in it."

"Hmmm, I like it. Same for you, Holmes. Don't you forget, we're the same."

He let go my chin and walk away. He clicked his fingers. The two men throw me on the ground before beating me up.

"Well, I must be off. Till next time, Sherlock Holmes."

He walks away and got into a white old-fashion car, a old Cadillac model, I would say. The silence came back into the alley. I can't move, my lungs hurts when I'm breathing. I have one or two broken ribs, my left arm is broken as well. I groaned in pain. I can't move, I'll wait here until the pain is less strong. Waiting is boring...

• John P.O.V

"Are you sure you want to go home? Look, it started raining, you're all going to be wet, John! I have a guest room if you want..."

"Thank you, Grandma, but I'll be fine. Home is less than 20 minutes from here, it really kind of you but like I said, I'll be fiiiine."

My grandmother had always been like this. She's a sweetheart, a lovely woman. I would had loved to stay but since Harry is living in her house, I don't want to spend too much time there. I still go there after school though before going home around 10:00. Presently, it 12:49. I stay a bit longer because she needed help for her attic. She can't go out there by herself and Harry is afraid of the dark, spider, spider web and much more, so she don't go up there too. She got a lot of amazing stuff in there, next time, I'll search in it and bring some back home.

"Well, I must go! See you soon, Grandma. Bye Harry!"

I started walking in some empty streets of London, my beautiful town. I love London, even if it rains a lot in here. It a beautiful city -except for the pollution- and the atmosphere is calm and peaceful. Ah, I love London. The rain got a bit stronger, I must hurry. Let's take a shortcut. I turn into a small alley, which I don't like to do. Alley scares me. That's stupid, a future army doctor scared of alleyways. Well, no time to waste, it's not a little rain anymore, it's a hurricane now. The rain is cold. I walked into a alley and enter another one. I ran a bit, stop because my cardio sucks. I'm walking really fast though. I stopped. Did I hear something or am I crazy? I return on my steps and I found, next to a bin, a man, no a teenage boy around my age, covered in blood. I ran and kneeled next to him.

"Oh my god, are you ok?"

The boy didn't seem fine at all. He groaned in pain before grabbing my arm. Jesus, someone just beat him up. The curly hair of the boy are wet by his blood and the rain, his white shirt is not longer white and his face, oh, what a mess. He's going to have a lot of bruises.

"Can you hear me?"

"Yes -ug , yes I can hear you. -er."

"Ok, I'm just going to checked your pulse, just to be sure."

His pulse's fine but his heart is beating slow. He lost a lot of blood.

"I'm calling an ambulance."

He answered with a painful groan. I called 999, told me that they were on their way. I hang up and my attention went back on the boy. He's still holding my arm.

"What's your name?"

"Sher-Sherlock Holmes."

A car passed at the same time and a saw his deep greenish blue eyes. They look beautiful.

"I'm John, John Watson."

"Hi, John."

We chuckled.

'"Ow, that's hurts."

"Don't laugh, idiot. You might have broken bones."

"Ohh, I do. Ow.", he said quickly.

His hand tightened on my arm. He's in pain, I feel useless. I can't help, I can't do anything except waiting for the ambulance. I took his hand and look into his eyes.

"Who did this to you..."

A tear fall of his left eye, the pain is vivid. I hear a siren, two minutes later, they put him in the ambulance. One of the two men came close to me.

"You just saved his life, boy. This guy was about to die in the next minutes. You did something really good."

"Thank you, it was my duty to help him. I couldn't let him die there, alone."

"Yeah... What's your name?"

"John Watson."

His partner was putting the stretcher inside the ambulance.

"Do you know him? Do you know what happened?"

"No, I don't. The only thing I know is his name. Sherlock, Sherlock Holmes."

"Great. I need to go, thanks again for him, John."

"No problem.", he saluted me and said to his partner.

"Hurry, St.Barts. Now.''

I stand there, watching the ambulance turned the corner, hearing his sirens. I can believe what just happened. I look at my wristwatch, 1:32 in the morning. Jesus, I need to go home. Well, it's not like someone was there, but it's a pouring raining. I started walking again, in the Main Street now. I'm almost home, I don't think about the rain or tomorrow. I'm thinking about this teenage boy, almost same age as me, Sherlock Holmes.

Who did this to you ...