chapter 3

(16 year old Raine)

Raine's POV

I saw a couple look at me then immediately talked at shushed voice. I felt goosebumps rush at my skin as I combed Kathy's hair.

She can speak the right words now, and count numbers up to thousands. I was amazed when she let me hear her count to thousands. Isis and I was so proud of her.

"Kathy, want to eat some cake?" I asked the little girl sitting at my lap. She smiled widely then shook her head happily.

I chuckled then made our way at the kitchen. I opened the refrigirator then took out the cake. I sliced the cake then gave Kathy some. She ate so much, she almost finished the cake.

"That was so yummy!" She squealed hugging my waist. I chuckled then lifted her up. 

"Hey, Rainey." She called. 

"Yes?"

"Will, you stay with me forever?" She asked giving me puppy dog eyes. Wow. The question was asked out of the blue.

I patted her hair then sat down at her level.

"I don't know sweet cheeks, but I wish I could." I said honestly hugging her.

"Kathy! Want to watch anime with me!?" Miranda asked. Kathy nodded making walking at Miranda's room.  Miranda is sent here because she was raped by her father and abused by her drunk mother. I immediately hugged her when I heard the news.

What kind of parents abuse their child!? I thought when she cried in my arms the day I hugged her.I just sighed then washed the dishes.'

"Raine! Isis wants to see you at her office!" Nick said. I walked out the kitchen then made my way at Isis' office. Isis is now the owner of the Adopting center since the past one died at heart attack.

I knocked at the door then I stepped inside. 

"Isis, you called for me?" I asked. She nodded at me smiling weakly. I senced something bad, then I narrowed my eyes at the couple sitting at the couch.

"Raine, they want to adopt you." My eyes went wide then shooked my head, no.

I dashed out the room. I hurried to the farthest part of the house then made my way inside my room locking the door.

This can't be happening! 

Isis' POV

"Well that's... Strange." Elina spoke the wife of Dominic. They are the one who will adopt Raine. I didn't think this day would come. Raine will be away from us.

NO!

"Well.. Raine grew up here, and been with us since his birth." I explained. They just sighed then looked at me at the eyes.

"Please make him come with us." Dominic pleaded then walked out the room. 

"We'll be giving you a day.. Please make him." Elina pleaded. They really wanted him. Elina walked out the room, and I sighed deeply.

"Do you know what you will do to make Raine come with them?" Johnny asked, my husband.

"I don't know." I just cried at his shoulder wishing this day never came.

~*~

(Hours later..)

Raine locked himself at his room refusing to go out. Kathy is getting worried, but I reasurred her everything is okay.

While it's not.

Raine will be moving away when I convinced him. I sighed then knoked at Raine's locked door at 20th time.

"Raine, please talk to me." The door opened slightly, then I saw a crying Raine huddled at the room. I rushed into him then huggd him.

"Oh, Raine."

I let him cry at my arms until I heard sniffling sounds. I carsed his soft cheeks.

"Please tell me you won't let them take me." He stated.

I looked at his puffy red eyes the just sighed deeply cloding my teary eyes, letting the tears flow down.

"Isis." He hiccuped my name.

"I'm sorry, Raine. But I cannot do anything." He just nodded then hugged me so tight that almost made me knock out my breath.

~*~

(Dinner time)

Still at Isis' POV

We ate at silence making the other children and workers at the table look at Raine and I. Because Raine and I is always the bubbly people talking, and making others laugh. I just sighed then continued eating my meal.

"Is there something wrong?" Rhyle and Nhyle said at the same time.

I looked all of them then released the breath I'm holding.

"Raine, will be adopted." I said atlast. A lot of children cried then some shouted at protest.

"QUIET!!!" I screamed. The cries and shouts of other children ceased. The ones who cried sniffed then wiped their eyes.

"This is a joke, right?" Kathy said in a quiet voice. I shooked my head, no. 

And that's it. 

She cried then jumped at Raine's lap then cried at Raine's arm soaking his shirt. Raine hugged Kathy, then carried her at the living room.

They are just silent, no one is moving nor talking.

"This is so messed up!" Jane cried rushing at the living room as well as the kids.

"They truly loved Raine." Dustin sighed slamming his head at the table. Dustin is also working here at the Adopting Center.

_____________

So sad. Yeah, I know I'm such a cruel boy.