A Little Less Sixteen Candles...-Jake

WEN:Song belongs to Fall Out Boy, of course.

"Weekend, thank god for your blessing!" I shouted, almost falling out of bed at a solid 10:18 a.m.

I had been in an awesome mood for the past few days, getting extra time to spend with Adam in detention and walking home almost every day with him. And yesterday, yesterday was the fucking bomb. Adam hugged me, and asked if he could come over.

I plugged my phone into an old speaker I bought when I was in sixth grade, and put a song on that I haven't listened to for a long time.

Jumping riffs and almost happy sounding chords mixed in the empty air, followed by accents of bass and the steady drumming of Andy Hurley. Patrick Stump's voice echoed against the walls, almost making me want to join the whole of Fall Out Boy in this one song.

'I confess, I'm messed up
Droppin' I'm sorry like you're still around
And I know you're dressed up
Hey kid you'll never live this down'

I couldn't help myself. I started singing along, changing the lyrics here and there.

"You're just the one I want to dance with
And I'm just the boy who's had too many chances!"

Dancing like an idiot to the kitchen, I grabbed a serving spoon and used it as a microphone. Pouring cereal and being a rock star was a LOT harder than I thought it would be, but I didn't care.

"I'm sleeping on your folk's porch again, dreaming
He said, He said, He said, "Why don't you just drop dead?"

Between mouthfuls of Captain Crunch, I continued disturbing my neighbors and anyone possibly walking their dogs.

"I don't blame you for being you
But you can't blame me for hating it!!!

A knock came at the door, almost causing me to drop the innocent bowl of Captain Crunch. Answering the door, I spat at the last lines of the chorus.

"So say, what are you waiting for? Kiss him, kiss him!
I set my clocks early 'cause I know I'm always-"

Seeing who had knocked, I was hoping I would turn into a puddle or shrivel up and die right in the doorway. If there was a limit on making wishes, I'd just exceeded it. 'Please let me die.' 'Please let him tell me he doesn't think I'm a weirdo.'

"Late...."

Adam's hand went to his mouth, most likely noticing the serving spoon in my hand and the fact I was in a Sailor Moon T-shirt and my boxers. Oh, and of course the fact I was screaming the lyrics to Fall Out Boy. 

 He moved his hand, and started laughing like hell, "So this is how you spend your weekends?" 

 My face burned. "Only when I'm in a good mood." 

"Did Fall Out Boy put you in a good mood?" 

 "Yes and no...."

He shook his head and shoved my shoulder. "You're such a fucking dork. Can I come in?"I stepped away from the door. 

"Uh...yeah. Sorry."

As he walked in, another voice joined the music."Write me off, give up on me 'cause darling what did you expect?"I smiled. He was singing along. Probably to make me feel better for looking like a total idiot, but I didn't care. He was succeeding in doing so, at least.

"I'm just off a lost cause, a long shot, don't even take this bet!" he turned to face me, dancing like a total goofball. I couldn't help but join him.

"You can make all the moves, aim all the spotlights get all the sighs and moans just right!!!"Neither of us were able to finish the song. We were both dying with the absolute idiot-ness of the entire moment, or faces turning red and sore from laughter.

The day had barely started, but damn, it was going to be good.