Crashing

AN:Guess who's pov?

  No one else was going to be this late to school. Hell, I bet it's been an hour since it started. I shrugged off the thought, remembering what turns I needed to take.

 One just ahead an then I'll almost be there....I wonder if they'll even let me have a skateboard at school.....Up ahead, someone was walking. I was rapidly gaining, and I could clearly see what would happen next.

'Bail, you idiot, bail!!!! '

Nope. Too late for that. 

 The CRASH!!!! that followed that thought ruined my plans to get off the board, sending me and my stuff flying into the stranger and his stuff. We both ended up with scraped everything. Knees, elbows, butts....

 'Smooth move, casinova.'   my thoughts sneered, leaving me to ponder how the hell thoughts became so personified and learned how to sneer.

  I sat up, desperate to come to my senses and find my board. Stealing a quick glance of whoever I ran over, I realized in a sudden and unexpected second,that was a bad idea. 

Why?

I didn't just glance. I fucking stared. 

  He had huge brown eyes, ones that create a whole new word and meaning for warmth, and well- tamed brunette curls. His pale skin went from porcelain to lobster when he saw exactly who I was, and how I was sprawled across his tall, lanky features.

  "J-Jake?" I stuttered, sounding like a total dweeb.

 "Adam!" He blushed, sounding just as dweeby.

 "JUST!!! DO IT!!!" Shia Lebouf shouted, indicating I had gotten a text.  Stupid ringtone.

 I shot up, face burning and hands shaky as I grabbed my board. "Sorry! I-I didn't mean...!!!!"

 He slowly stood up, brushing the dust off his clothes and gathering his things. "It's fine." he said, avoiding any awkward eye contact.

  I allowed myself to breath again, checking my board for scratches. Once again, I made the mistake of looking over at Jake. To my surprise, he was staring back at me, mirroring my exact blushing and awkward expression.

  "Wh-what?" I asked, trying to sound assertive and failing.

  Silently, he walked over and brushed my bangs out of my eyes. My face was scorching, my entire body shaking. Gently, his hand brushed my cheek and stopped at my jawline.  His eyes never ventured away from mine. I opened my mouth to say something, but he moved his hand and stepped away from me.

"You......had some dust on your face."

  And then he left, leaving me falling for every step he took. Falling for every flushed stare.

No, not falling.

Crashing.