I'll say it again I'm not looking for a boyfriend and it has nothing to do with trust issues, i don't have trust issues people have lying issues.

                                                                                  &&

"Baretti my office." This was the first thing he said to me the second he walked in the office, Lisa gave me a quick glance and I raised my shoulders like I didn't have a clue, hope it's another god damn raise with the bullshit he put me through.

When I got to his office he sat on his big leather chair and I took the seat opposite him. There was something different about him today, sweat marred over his untamed eyebrows he looked nervous or worried did Alex threaten him?, i wouldn't doubt that he did.

"I'm taking you off the Gravano case as you know he was released from prison yesterday -." I nodded. " You're going to be working with another level five his name is Antonio Vega I'll need you to start today here's his file." I picked up the thick manilla folder then turned to head out as my boss spoke again. "Baretti be careful those Gravano's should never be trusted."

Hearing those words from my boss made my warning bells ring, why was he saying this to me when he's eating right from there hands.

"Then why are you giving into their demands?."

A pained look crossed his face and he turned away from my gaze. "Why does anyone do anything." He muttered.

I got two things from that, one: they're threatening to kill him or two: blackmail.

I closed the door behind me and picked up bag as I made my way across the marble floor into the foyer. I opened the file and looked at the man in the small passport size picture, he had a Spanish descent a few piercings on one ear and a thick messy hair, he looked angry in the picture can't wait to meet him in person. Woohoo.

After the whole Alex experience I can't say i'm excited about this, in fact i'm not excited about this, what if he's just as deranged as Alex and shows up at my place because my apartment is the new hang out joint for ex con's. 

The familiar pale worn out walls greeted me only this time there was no sexy rude arrogant ass siiting behind the table, nope this one looked angry. 

"Mr.Vega it's nice to meet you I'm Ms.Baretti." He didn't look up at me, I sensed his hostile mood as I took a seat. I opened his folder and looked at his information. He was charged with breaking and entering, possession of gun and ammunition. I gave him a quick glance. "Are you ready to talk?."

He didn't answer.

"Your angry I could see that but I'm not the enemy here, I just came to do my job."

A long tattoo went from his hand all the way up to his neck, he was built, if he asked to take those cuffs on I'm letting them slap on a few extra ones. "Your a pretty lady you shouldn't be in these sorts of places." His accent was Mexican deep and rough.

"It's part of the job what can I say, why do you feel the need to be angry?."

"Everyone gets angry even you, these motherfuckers that set me up hasn't seen angry yet."

Was he talking about the Gravano's?, the cops?.

"Sounds to me like they did you wrong."

He scoffed. " I shouldn't be in here."

"That's what they all say right?." I tried to joke. It's a prison joke everyone says it right?.

"Not everyone in here is guilty."