Kirk

You grabbed your guitar off the stand next to your bed and made your way towards the mess hall. The mess hall and your personal quarters were the only place you felt you could practice without drawing to much attention to yourself.

You made sure all of your music was stuffed into your bag; then you grabbed your PADD and made your way down the hall.

You had always thought of your self as a pretty great musician. You sang, played the guitar, even played the piano sometimes. It was your way of copping with everything.

Normally you would practice in your quarters but currently the Lt. with the quarters next to you had been remodeling and the noise was driving you crazy.

You knew that the mess hall would pretty much be empty because nobody was off work yet. The only reason you got off early is because you went in early.

You had decided it would be best to just change up you times. You'd avoid the rush of people during brake and after work and before work. It's not that you didn't like people, it's just that you wanted to get stuff done.

As you entered the mess hall you sat down at a table in the corner and pulled out your stuff. Just as you had put your guitar on your lap your PADD beeped.

"Ugh!" You said. You didn't get off work to do more work.

As you reached over and grabbed your PADD you noticed that there was something different about the room. You couldn't tell what but something was just off.

You brushed the weird feeling off and checked your PADD. It was a message that inviting you to a party in rec room 5 at 5. How convenient. It was 3:00 now, you might drop in later.

You set your PADD down on the table and started to play. After strumming a few notes you started to sing.

"All the life she has seen all the meaner side of me. They took away the prophet's dream for a prophet on the street.

Now she's stronger than you know a heart of steel starts to grow

All his life he's been told he'll be nothing when he's old all the kicks and all the blows he won't ever let it show

'Cause he's stronger then you know a heart of steel starts to grow

When you've been fighting for it all your life"

Suddenly someone joined in but you didn't care you just kept singing...why not.

You've been struggling to make things right. That's how a superhero learns to fly..."

You finished the song with the mystery person and then, when it was finally over you spun around to see who it was.

"Captain?!" You said standing up, letting out a small squeal.

"It's alright Lt. stand down. " he said smiling. "Oh and Lt. please call me Kirk- heck call me Jim."

"Ok Cap-Ki-Jim, um call me (Y/N)" you sputtered out.

"I didn't know you could sing..." He said looking into your eyes. You blushed like mad, it was no secret you had a crush on the Captain.

"Likewise." You whispered similing. "How much of that did you actually here before you joined in?"

"To be honest... all of it. I listen to you sing almost every day." He said looking down at the floor. "Today I finally got the courage to join in."

You couldn't help but blush. Was this a dream? Every chick on the freaking ship loved Kirk. Did he like you?

"So Kirk. I didn't know you got off so early. Shouldn't you be at work?" You asked

"Well yes but I saw that you got off at this time and um-I-I was the one who caused the noise next to your quarters so you'd have to come here. I had something I needed to ask you." He said.

"Do you still have to ask something?" You asked.

"Um-yeah-yes... (Y/N) I think you like the prettiest-most beautiful girl on this ship and-and I wanted to know if you wanted to go out sometime."

Your mouth dropped to the floor. Was this actually Kirk asking you this? Where were his flirty ways and such? What was going on?

"Yeah I'd love to." You said smiling like crazy. You felt pure bliss.

"Great." He said and reached out, offering his hand. You took it. It felt like your dreams were coming true.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

A/N

Hope y'all enjoyed this one! So sorry it took me a while. Spanish class is killing me!!! This was for Superwholock0799 ! Hope ya liked it! 😊😊😊 You're all super awesome!!!

-Mari