Chapter one

So it was  the first day of spring break, a time to relax before the craziness of the end of the school year began. Finals, prom, graduation. It was all to come. But for now me and my friends had decided to hang around in my back garden round the pool trying to get a tan. My two best friends, Sally and Piper had turned up 15 minutes ago. We'd just finished getting into our bikinis and we're heading outside.

Walking through the kitchen doors we saw my brother and his best friend outside messing around in the pool.

"What are you boys doing?" I asked getting their attention.

"Oh hey sis, wanna go put some more clothes on?" My brother said with a disapproving look.

"No, I'm good thank you, now I'll ask again what are you guys doing?"  I said placing my towel down on a sun bed and sitting down.

"Just playing some volleyball." His best friend Tyler spoke up. "What are you girls doing?"

"Sunbathing, what does it look like idiot." I looked at my two best friends. I knew they both liked my brother so it wasn't a surprise they had become shy as soon as they saw him, they always did.

The boys went back to their game and I started talking to my friends. "Why do you always get so quiet around him?"

"Because he's hot Sam and he's the quarterback, why would we talk to him?" Piper said and Sally was nodding along with what she said.

"He is also human, he won't be mean to you. Even if he was he knows I'd hurt him where no guy wants to be hurt." I said looking from them to him and came up with an idea.

"Hey guys, how about we have some chicken fights? I'll go with Tyler and Piper can go with you Dan." I shouted to the lads

"Sure, bring it on little sis." He said with a small grin.

I pulled Piper up from her seat and pulled her over to the pool. I got in and swan over to Tyler. "You ready to kick some ass?" I asked him.

Sure am, come on hop on." He said before ducking down so I could climb onto his shoulders.

Once I was on he stood up straight and got a good grip on my thighs so he could keep me in place. I looked over at my opponents and saw Piper with a slight blush covering her cheeks. I gave her a look as if too say I told you so.

"Sally, why don't you come referee and then you can take the place of the girl that gets knocked off first." I shouted to her. She nodded her head and came and sat on the edge of the pool.

"3, 2, 1, go!" She said commencing the beginning on the fight. T

he boys started moving so we were circling each other. Dan made the first move so Piper could lean over without falling off to try push me. She went for my left shoulder so Tyler moved out bodies to the right so she missed me. I tried to push her on her right shoulder as we moved but my brother was watching me closely and moved her out the way so I missed her also. Tyler decided to move forward so they moved back and I went to push both of Piper's shoulders. She wobbled a bit on top of my brothers shoulders but he made sure to hold her tight so she didn't fall. As Tyler went to move forward again I grabbed hold of Piper's shoulders. My brother didn't notice this and as he moved backwards Piper fell straight off his shoulders.

"Sally, your go." I said smiling at my friend.

We carried on this cycle for about twenty minutes with us girls swapping between the two boys. Both of my best friends became more confident around my brother and were even joking around with him by the end of it. When we stopped the fights they decided to stay in the pool with the boys whilst I went and got drinks for us all.

"That was nice of you." I turned round to see Tyler leaning against the counter behind me.

"What was?" I asked him.

"Doing that for your friends, it's obvious they like him." He said with a smile.

"Well yeah, wouldn't you do the same?" I said turning back to the fridge.

"Yeah, but only if it was your brother." He said coming up behind me. "I'd also hope he's do the same for me." With that he grabbed some of the drinks and headed outside.